Nakajima Ki 84-Ia "Hayate"

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
I build the Ki 84 to support Scott during the 36 Hours-Marathon. The deadline for today was the Aluminium-coating for the fuselage. Target reached :)

Scott, you are not allone, thanks for the Motivation and Fun :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

I wanted to install a small electronic engine to rotate the spinner. It seems that this feature will work very well. I will see

I sctatched the safety belts and add some Engine-wiring

I put the cables for the engine throu the fuselage, wings and gear, to hide them as good as possible

You can see the aircraft growing, while Scott builds his Rod. Nice work up there, Scott!

Assembling the Hayate was very easy, granted by the superb parts from Tamiya

After assembling, I closed the few seam lines with ZEP 71 hot wax putty. I cleaned the model with silicone remover (recomendet for Wax Putty) and Alcohol

At least my Nakajima got her Aluminium Coating.

Very nice CPO. :) I have the same kit, really digging your build here.

Couple questions for you;
What's the wax putty you're using?
Which Aluminum paint did you use?

Nice job there CPO!!! And I seemed to miss out on the sanding!!! ;D

Thanks for your support :D Gracias

Here some more pics:

The Ki 84 got the color for upper and lower fuselage. Backgrounds for the Hinomarus are self made by Airbrush. I think, they looking much better than the decals, beginning to get yellowish. I also start to apply the yellow markings but it was to early, the basic color wasnt dry enough. So I quit this project and resume it tomorrow..

@ JMAC:

I used Revell 99 Aluminium to cover the upper surface. That will allow to tear off some of the green color later. That will give the Ki 84 the typical worn shape of japanese aircraft.

The Hot Wax putty was offered from "Rai-Ro" Germany. It is not really wax, more like a hot glue. There are 3 types of "Wax" To glue parts, to fill big seams and one for small seams and to build up details. Its easy to handle and no sanding is required. You only have to scrape off the protruding material.

Add the Canopy, decals and Varnish. The engine running and made a cool sound...

Very cool build, Chief! It's especially neat to see a motorized kit, you don't see that too often these days.

Thanks for your kind words

Here some more Nakajima stuff

Very nice work there Chief :) ....Loving the base too .

Chris.

Thanks Chris

Yeah! I like working on that base. Gives me a taste of holydays :)

Latest posts

Back