Nacht~Jager Pz. Gren. 120mm

Looking real sweet dude~~~ ;D I know nothing about camo so as for how he came across what he is were.... :eek: But I am sure you will make it look tops brotha'!!! Keep it going !!! ;)

great start on the paint Erik and im sure what ever you decide in teh end will look topps

This brings back memories at it was one of my first figures :)
Waiting for more :)
Cheers

Nice start Erik ...keep it rollin Bro ;)

Chris.

Hey GUYS ,

Sorry I haven't been back to this one inna minute ...

Here's a short update .....

DSC08733.jpg
I washed th face in W&N Raw Umber in prep for th Oil .

DSC08721.jpg
DSC08720.jpg
The STG 44 mag pouches were washed with Vallejo Games Sepia ink , then dry brushed with German Camo Beige. Same for th bread bag , straps are Leather Brown

DSC08722.jpg
The I.R. Gear - The Battery Box & the Power unit canister , Highlighted with German Beige , straps in Panzer Aces German Tanker black(333) .

DSC08725.jpg
DSC08728.jpg
The figure was washed with Games Sepia Ink , dry brushed with German Beige , then th German Dk. Green , for Green highlights I added th Camo Beige + Liquitex Slow Blending Gel for a glaze. hitting th high spots of th camo. Th reverse side of th Parka will get an Imagined Winter Scheme of th Liebmunster ... I'm thinkin more of a Grey Scale ??

This is where I get stumped .... of th few pictures that I have of th LiebMunster ... one looks on th Orange side (reproductions ) and th paint chart looks on th Red-Brown side ??? So, I'm torn between a Red , Orange Red , Red-Brown ..... Also in the two different shots of th Re-Pop stuff ... there are flecks of white added ...... I'm not sure how much stock to put into th Re-Pop pix ??

imgres-3.jpg

ct82001.jpg
Here are th two Re-Pops ....
linkedimage.gif
Paint chart .... ??

linkedimage-3-1.jpg
War time picture .... not sure of location .... I wanna say maybe Germany ?? Eastern Front ??

Thoughts ?????

I'll save ya a seat at th Pub !!

The Rolling Stones - Midnight Rambler Live 1976

Nice camo you have chosen. The picture is interesting but isn't it post war. Just after the end before the dust have settled? I'm not sure and it's just my thought.
Regards
Lukasz

Looking very good Erik !! , great start on that camo ....Sweet :)

Chris.

This looks amazing! How is that camo painted? Mask, freehand? whatever it looks great.

WOW, Erik !!! :eek:
THAT CAMO IS TERRRRRIFIC !!!!!
See you around, dude ;)
Cuídate,
RG

Hey GUYS ,

:-[ Thanx for th kind words !! ;D

@MJ - Oh no Brotha' ! That's no mask. It's all free hand & lot's of Breath holding ;D Thanx !

@SPUD - Cheers Brotha' !!

@CHRIS - Thank you Sir \m/ ;D

@BISKUP - I don't think this is Post War .... I doubt that the Occupied Forces would let then wear th Old Regimes Camo. It close to War's end. Not sure if it's in th East or in Germany. You can see th Gentleman to th right of th pic are taking a particular interest on this Check-Point .... as is th Dude in th Near Leather jacket ....... 'Ya know ... if I had th money I'd wear Fine leather everyday ! ;D

@JELLY - Yo Amigo ! Que pasa ? I'm glad you Dig it ! Saludos , I'm glad that you Dig it !

Well could be it's really hard to say.
I read somewhere that after war some of the checkpoints were manned with civilian workers or policemen and such. That's why I thought that the guy on the left with a band around his arm is one of those and he is checking if those 2 soldiers have "letter of passage" or something allowing them to go home. But it was made only for the western part of Germany the one under allied rule. But that's something I read and I'm not 100% sure it was accurate information.
Cheers
Lukasz.
P.S. If I'm not mistaken post war Czechoslovakian forces used similar camouflages to this one but for a very short time.

Erik, Looking good brother! I really like the equip details...are they PE? The camo start is
coming along....you got a laser steady hand....sharp and neat patterns.
Keep it rolling along, Buddy. Thanks for sharing. Bill.
Ps. Looking forward to ODO.

@BISKUP ,

Yeah .... I'm still not sure where th War time photo is from ... I'd like to know though....

@PANZERMAN - Thanx for th kind words !! I don't know about Laser steady ... A lot of breath holdin' ! ;D No, none of th details on th Equip are P.E. ... just good ol' fashioned resin casting !

Well Alright ... let's do this thing .... Here's th 2nd stage Camo , th Flesh has been done in Oil & I've started to pick out some of th other bits on th Uni.

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live 1985)

DSC08759.jpg
DSC08787.jpg
DSC08761.jpg
The "Red Camo" was a mix of Vallejo's Burnt Cad. RED + German Camo Light Brown ( very much an Orange) with a dash of Flat Red. High lights were applied - adding German Camo Beige to th base.
DSC08789.jpg

DSC08755.jpg
DSC08754.jpg
The Flesh is in Oil, a lil' Rosie pink added to th Chilly Cheeks, & I gave 'em Blue Eyes & then dropped a touch of Future in there for some Cold Weather Gloss & a touch of white for th pupil. His Balaclava was 1st. picked out with Vallejo's Black Grey for shadows, then I dry brushed Field Grey , & for th highlight I added German Camo Beige to th Base - Fieldgrey , The Patch is a little on th "Artistic License side. As I thought a Nacht~Jager would have a subdued patch - picked out in a Black background, Dk. Green Eagle & to denote a Vampir - Red on th "buttons" . I also started a pin wash with Vallejo Games Sepia Ink.

DSC08767.jpg
DSC08766.jpg
DSC08752.jpg
I tried something a lil' different for th Stock of th STG 44 - I used some of the Wood Decals from USCHI van der Rosten( look for a review of these decals soon - AWESOME) !! I shot a base with Tamiya's Wooden Deck Tan , AlClad Aqua Gloss Clear , the Wood grain decal ( tracing out each side & the top of the Stock on Blue Painter's tape as a pattern( 3 pieces), setting that down on the Decal sheet & cutting it ever so close with a Fresh #11 blade) ,A lil' Micro Sol to get 'em to set right down , then I shot a misted coat of Vallejo's Transparent Yellow , followed by outlining th stock with Tamiya's Clear Orange. I still need to go back & streak with some Burnt Umber Oil . I used th Pale pattern of Wood, I shoulda' used the more prominent darker grain .... It barely shows up in th pix. With th Eye you can see it. Hopefully after I add some Oil it'll make th grain PoP !!

Still a few things to do - Adding the 3rd. color in th Camo ( Black & White flecks), Wire up th Gun's scope & Black Light to th Batteries & Power pack , pick out a few more details ... but this is where I'm at so far. !! Although ... thinking about it .. I'm not happy with th way th pix of the Face came out. in person th shadows & His pink-ish cheeks really come out - any Hints on Lighting a Figure ? I'm finding that it's different than shooting pix of Armor etc ... ??​

Incredible detail Erik!!! That camo is just kickin' brotha'!! :eek: Can't wait to see that scope all wired up too!!! ;)

fantastic Erik, cant wait to see this review on teh wood decal.

as for the flash try put a sheet of A4 paper over the flash to difuse it and you try to bounce it off the celing also, thats 2 options for you to try before you go getting some lights,

Brilliant work on that camo Erik ...Brilliant !!!

Chris.

Erik thats looking sooooo good! Well done mate keep up the good work, I'm learning lots ;D \m/

Hey Guys ,

Thanx for th kind words !! I'm glad that ya' Dig it !!

@TRM - Hey Holmzz, Thanx for th kind words !! \m/

@CHRIS - Thank You Sir !! Coming from you .. It's High Praise !! I'm glad that you like th Camo !!

@SPUD - Only one problem with that ... I don't use a flash ... It's all lighting. I do use a Diffuser Sheet in front of th light ;D I might have to add an additional light. So I have one on each side ?? Right now it's just one that can swivel ..... ??

@ MJ - ... Thanx for th kind words Brotha' !! I'm learnin' as I go ... So We'll learn together !!

@JELLY - lol I'm glad that you like th Camo !! One of My favorite songs from Cream ! I love that Album !! Yes .... Ma' Brotha' Sooooo Many Fantastic colors ....

Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Music Video (HQ)

Thanx again Guys ... \m/ Much appreciated !!​

Latest posts

Back