Nacht~Jager Pz. Gren. 120mm

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

I'm starting this one over on Modeler's Alliance in a Fall Figure G.B. .... It's Verlinden's 120mm NIght Fighter Figure. Casting looks Great , No Air bubbles & Smooth as a Baby's Bottom !! I'm not exactly sure with what type of Camo to go with. I know I won't exactly go with th Box Art ... I'm thinking of th LeiberMunster Camo or perhaps a Combo of the Late Oak Leaf with a Leibermunster Parka ?? The Leibermunster showed up very late war & Only on th eastern Front ( IIRC)

FallFigureGBonAM.jpg

linkedimage-3-1.jpg
Here it is on th Eastern Front at th End of the War ..

linkedimage.gif
A paint chart I found online Although ScaleModelMadMan mentioned that the Black & Olive Drab Ink in th material acted as a deterrent to th I.R. scopes etc !!

imgres-3.jpg

1_1a0a0902c4cf35ad9a58c7c448dbf4eb.jpg

As these differ from th Paint chart , I'm not exactly which one is correct .... But it could be a Total "What -If" Considering th I.R. Scoped MP 44

No major conversions are planned. I'm just gonna run with it. I do think, that some Wire wil be needed to "Wire-Up" th I.R. gear ??

I also found some Pix from th Museum in Munster of some I.R. gear ... it looks as if the Lenses aren't Red as previously thought ...

IR2001.jpg
Now some of this stuff would not go on the Rifle . I believe the Scope is in th bottom left of th picture. The Other pieces are for the Vehicles I.R. - i.e. 251 & possibly th Panther ?​

Oh Yeah Erik!!! Can't wait to see you to see you kickin'; the camo Buddy!!! Gonna be a good one! I'll be tagging along!! ;)

:) Hey Erik,
it seems that you´ve got involved in several fronts simultaneously,

a lot to chew, mate! ;D

Well, our vision spectre covers more or less from the end of the IR spectre to the beginning of the UV spectre: out of that range, our eyes can´t see anything by themselves.
By principle, true IR light shouldnt had any color for our eyes (for example: what´s the color of the X-rays?), but other different thing is the spotlight that generates that IR: some domestic-use IR lights are red (so they generate EM radiation simultaneously in form of red-visible light and IR-invisible light) ... but another ones hasn´t any visible color... that´s what I understand...

yes, maybe that project is more or less a "soft what if"... ;)
See you, Erik,
RG

Looking forward to this one Erik ;) Some of those Verlinden figs are quite good ....and cheap ;D I have some of his Napoleonic figs ,but I've also got the German Machine gunner .....Anyhoo ,carry on ;D

Chris.

Hey Everybody ,

Thanx for th Well Wishes ! 'Hope to do ya' Proud !!

One thing that's kinda funny , Scale ModelMadMan brought this up - Look at the Color "swatches" on the Right side of the Painting Guide ... & Now look at th Color of The Uniform to th Left of it ... They Don't match/resemble each other ! ;D :eek: ... So , what'ya Gonna do .... I'll go with th Color swatches , But I like th one piece suit with all of that Orange in it ... Looks more like a Fall Pattern .... to me any way ...

@JELLY - Si Me amigo .... hacer mucho en poco tiempo ( is this th correct way to say - I have too many Irons in the Fire ?) I'll just make an Assembly Line !!! ;D Th Panzer Shoppe is Cranking Now ! Gettin ready for Winter !!

one think i dont like about resin guns is i think they dont look as good as some plastic ones, but what i wana ask panzer is were is the barrel tip of the gun? and im looking forward to seeing this guy get put together and see what you come up with for a camo, no doubt it will be Awsome :)

SPUD,

The barrel for th gun is hard to see in th photo. It's separate from th gun & is rather terrible ( warped & solid) ! ....

Ah-ight ... now it's a much needed update.....

DSC08655.jpg

DSC08656.jpg
To ensure proper fit I went ahead & decided to pin a lot of this figure together - Head , shoulders , hands & feet , normally I would paint them separate, but due to some fit issues, I went ahead & glued some of this figure together . There is still some filling I'll have to do around the area of the Feet/Pants legs & the arms. I drilled a .055" hole & used brass rod.

DSC08668.jpg
The barrel of th STG 44 got re-worked with a pieced of insulation from phone cable ( .1" ). I left some of th wire in to keep th barrel straight, I took th open sight & glued it to th barrel. I also used some brass wire to replace the "rod thingy" at th end of th barrel too. The scope was drilled out on both ends & I'll add a "Sticco Dot" on the end to simulate th lens. I also used some Evergreen strip to bolster the Scope mount. There is an I.R. light that mounts to th gun, but I couldn't get a clear picture of that.

DSC08657.jpg
A little bit of expression of th face ... He's either blowing Smoke rings , or watching his breath in th Chilly air ??

DSC08666.jpg
DSC08667.jpg
Here is th gas Mask canister that was re-worked to aid in the I.R. gear. I don't know exactly what th function/purpose of this is ( any one care to elaborate ?) but it'll get wired to the I.R. light which is in turn wired to the Wooden Box that is on his back- presumably holding the batteries for th I.R. gear ??

S-img.jpg
I do have this picture & it helps a little , but I'd still like to find some reference on this set up to better model it !

Well that's about it for now ... He's ready for some primer & then it's time to get on it !!

Kiss - Creatures of the Night (video original)

well its about time ya gout around to it, and being sick is no excuse :p

Yeah bro ....Come on ...where da paint ?? ;D

Chris.

he is a like a stripper that dont go all the way.. a Tease!

Hey Panzerace007, I'm anxious to see the paint job. Love that late war cammo pattern.
Though the colors are different, it reminds me of Vietnam Tiger stripe pattern used by
the U.S.
One question... weren't those I.R. equiped units called VAMPIRE units? If so, cool name!
Maybe I'll see this one at the Old Dominion con coming up???
Keep up the good work.

Hey Guys ,

:-[ , Yes there will be some paint & I'll start this very soon. I've been workin on th Kuble & researching th set up on the wiring of th I.R. gear for th Rifle. Now that's set .... I can start on th Figgie ! I do have Him Primed in Vallejo Black Primer ... ;D :-[

@PANZERMAN - Yes They were referred to as a Vampir unit. Only a few , not sure if they ever saw service, but a Panther Unit did go on a Night attack decked out with I.R. gear & devastated a British Armor column. K.O.'d every single last Tank ! So it works .... & Yes He'll be finished for th O.D.O. ;D

Strippers ..... Where .... ( gets whiplash lookin' for th Strippers) :eek:

It's comin it's comin ..... promise ..... patience My Grasshoppers .... ;D . I'll get on ti tonight !! Scouts Honor ! Base coats on everything !! I think I'm gonna try My hand at ABin' some Citadel's Dwarf Flesh as th base for th Flesh - finished off by Oils. I might also AB some of th base coats... not sure . I'll use Vallejo, so I'm not too worried about brush strokes .... We'll see.

@SCHWEINHUND - Splinter Camo ..... Naw ... The Vampir Camo !! MmmmWhaaaaa ( Evil Vincent Price laugh)

I'll post soon ! Just hold on to ya' Kilts Me Laddies ;D

O.K. ...

YOU WANTED TH BEST .... Well They couldn't make it .... ;D

Here is an update on this Vampir ! .... I shot a lot of th base coats with an Airbrush. MOdel Air & Citadel's Dwarf Flesh . It looks a lil' monotone ... but that'll change ! ;D

vampir.jpg

Plus I'm lookin at this recently found picture & gettin a thought for th Pants ... Instead of th Fall Oakleaf - considering He has th Eagle on his hat & I have no P.E. SS crest to add to it .... So He's either "acquired" th Oak Leaf Fall or I can do th Redish Liebmunster variant on th pants ? Thoughts ?

DSC08700.jpg
After priming with Vallejo Black Primer, I shot some Citadel Dwarf Flesh as a base for th Oil !

DSC08702.jpg
AB'd Vallejo Model Color Canvas

DSC08704.jpg

Bread Bag - Vallejo Canvas

DSC08703.jpg
Whoa .... Curve ball .... I've seen a couple of examples where th I.R. gear could be Field Blue ... ?? I shot some Vallejo Luft. Blue ...

DSC08705.jpg
DSC08706.jpg
Since I'm sittin on th Fence with th camo patterns for both th Jacket ( LiebMunster) & th Pants ( more Red type of LiebMunster or either th Fall OakLeaf {late War}) both will have a base of this German Camo Beige + German Camo Black Brown

Suggestions .. comments ... I think I needed a little more lighting on th Pix .. sorry 'bout that ...

Run Through The Jungle - Platoon *Edited By Chris Zotovich

Latest posts

Back