Verlinden 120mm US Navy Pilot

Jeeves

Now that I am clearing most of the builds for the Cancer GB at MA, I have time to start this one-- but as you can see, there are some gaps between the torso and the legs...would Apoxie Sculpt work or is there something better? Don't mind the black marks...I was cutting the resin in my spray booth and my paint carousal needs a good cleaning ;)

001%7E34.jpg
002%7E28.jpg
003%7E35.jpg
004%7E31.jpg

Jeeves said:
...would Apoxie Sculpt work or is there something better?

Hi Jeeves,

Apoxie Sculpt will work just fine to fill those gaps, however the best putty I found for this kind of work is Tamiya's Epoxy Putty. It's easy to use and works into the seams well and sands great later after it's dried with no problems. It's great for re-configuring any area you may need a touch up and blends in well to add folds, creases, etc. It has some great workablility time too.

Nice looking figure, keep posting as you go along.

Cheers, Ski.

Thanks Steve!

Well-- I already had the Apoxie Sculpt so I went with that and used the leftover to make a couple sandbags for something else ;) I'll sand things down a bit- but am pretty happy with my lackluster sculpting abilities ;)

008%7E23.jpg
009%7E17.jpg

Hiya Jeeves, looks good.

One reason I use Tamiya's eposy putty is you can smooth out and clear the "slag " immediately and contour where needed. If Apoxie Sculpt is all ya got, go for it like you did. I'm sure you already know this, but if you let that stuff dry as is you will be left with a lot of extra work. With Tamiya epoxy putty I wet the the dental tool which allows easy manipulation without the tool getting sticky. This Apoxie Sculpt will work that way too. If you can clean up the excess after a few minutes to keep the sanding to a minimum you will see all kinds of cool ways to work it into just about anything you need to use it for. Either way, it's great stuff, eh?

Keep er rolling Bro, watchin this one develope. Cheers, Ski.

Got my order of Vallejo paints from SciFi Genre so I could get started on the uniform...still have more to add-- including another coat on the Mae West....but here we are so far...any advice or comments are welcome!
004%7E35.jpg

Also-- on his right side shirt collar appears to be something clipped to it-- any ideas what it might be? Here is as close as I can get things focused.....
005%7E35.jpg

Still trying to get a good grip on what color to paint the .45...are they gunmetal or silver??

Still have touching up here and there and more layering...but here we are so far:

014%7E4.jpg

Latest posts

Back