200mm verlinden 82nd airborne.

toffa

Hi all. First post on this forum. Just returning to modelling after 23 years, so this is my first effort. Tidied most of the parts up, and started painting the face, using Humbrol and Tamiya acrylics. Just rough toning for now, better detail once I start remebering how to paint... :) Hopefully the end result will be worthy of this site.

Further work done on the face. I'm having a hard time blending these acrylics, even with thinners (Tamiya acrylic thinner). Still got eyebrows, lips, 5 o'clock shadow, and some more tweaking, but it seems to be coming along. Quite enjoying it so far, but I have noticed my eyes aren't quite what they were. May have to invest in a magnifying gizmo of some sort....

That's looking good. Yes, Tamiya isn't the BEST for brush painting although there currently is a thread talking about just that topic:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,11631.0.html

Many many years ago, I'd managed to get used to using oils, but as I'm just getting back in the game, I thought I'd start of with acrylics. I've decided to start afresh with this one, as when I finished tones and highlights, he was just far too pale. Just googling how to remove acrylics now. :(

Okay... WIP, but figure as it looks at the moment. Still a lot to do, especially trying to blend in colours. It's coming along, very, very slowly.... :)

Slightly better now, still working on it, as well as other bits and bobs... having to use my phone, so the pics are a little blurry...

Latest posts

Back