N.S.E.A Protector

ScreamingSamuraiStudio said:
Awesome work there, Grendels.

And those clouds look familiar.

I bet they do, I live about 200 miles from you. College Station TX Thank you for the comment, video to follow soon. I need to work on my video skills.

final photos for sure.

First I want to thank all of you for the comments. Some of you encouraged me when I was feeling like I couldn't get it done. The paint job gave me a LOT of trouble. I think it was just my in-experience from not building models for a while. I took a 12 year break from from putting together these little pieces of plastic. This is my second completed model since I came back to the hobby, and only my third completed lighted model. My first lighted model was 12 years ago, a fiber optic enterprise D from AMT. What I really need to do is get comfortable with the airbrush and get away from rattle cans. I painted the base with the airbrush, and the protector with rattle can. The main thing that is stopping me is a lack of a spray booth. Over the next month or so, I am going to clean up my office and either build one, or buy a spray booth. I just can't get one here locally. I need a spray booth because here in Texas the summers are hot. It has been in the mid to upper 90's all month with near 100% humidity. You can't paint outside under those conditions without some sort of trouble showing up.

Here are the final photos of the command ship build. I had trouble getting it to light up until I took off the photo etch and replaced it with brass mesh. I also added some copper rods under the mesh to aid connectivity to the power source and it looks pretty cool:

cmd-engine.jpg
cmd-paint.jpg

She needs a little bit more silver paint and I am done with her.

As promised, a last round of lighted photos. You will notice in some of them a little bit of light leak from underneath the command ship. The silver paint on the bottom of the command ship should fix this.

Again, I want to thank all of you for the kind comments. I will also post a youtube video as soon as I have the time to edit the stock.

nte.jpg
rising.jpg
side.jpg
top-front.jpg
top-side.jpg
John

By Grapthars Hammer, by the Sons of Worvan, that is one impressive model!!! Super job.

Latest posts

Back