My KBoP from 11 years ago

Just Mike

Shortly before I got divorced way back when, I completed this Klingon Bird-of-Prey. Completed being the operative word here. It's rare for me to do so to this degree. It's the first one that I've been proud enough to photograph and publish.

Hope you like them. Sorry some are so small. They were lifted off Starship Modeler's site using the wayback machine. The originals were lost long ago.

KBOP_top-vi.jpg

mp_kbop_25.jpg

mp_kbop_28.jpg

mp_kbop_30.jpg

mp_kbop_31.jpg

mp_kbop_32.jpg

mp_kbop_33.jpg

mp_kbop_35.jpg

mp_kbop_36.jpg

mp_kbop_37.jpg

Looks great Mike. Love the paint on this, especially around the torpedo bay.

Thank you very much!

Oh, forgot to mention that a lot of details are done with craft gel pens like the red around the torpedo tube and the windows.

To do the pipe on the underside of the neck, I painted it steel and brushed on some rust and wiped it gently with a paper towel. Made it look like a real rusty pipe I think.

I painted the radiator baffles military brown with a touch of copper and dry brushed steel pretty lightly. Don't know why I chose brown for the baffles. Thought it looked good so I went with it. Rusted steel and all...

The overall was forest green dry brushed lighter and OD greens. All brush painting was done freehand with no masking. Masking would have made too sharp of lines and this is supposed to be dirty and weathered.

My father the critic is all, "if it's a spaceship, how does it get dirty and rusty?" Well dad, this ship is capable of operating within the atmosphere of a planet and can even land.

Latest posts

Back