my current project......or......let me bore you with this

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
like the title says. let me show what i have going at the moment.

aka..............frankenfort.

here is where i am now.

sanded and cut away all of the interior detail, did the ribbing, starting at the nose worked my way through adding details as i went. the kit pieces so far are the fuse sides, the flooring for the bombadier/pit and nav/radio room, the bomb sight, the bombadier yoke for the chin turret, the seats for pilot/copilot, the bulkheads, the bomb bay catwalk/bomb rack, the bombs, the tail wheel assembly, the guns, and the clear for the belly turret. resin pieces are the o2 bottles and the ip. the rest is styrene, wire, putty, and aluminum (pop can).

interior-13_zpsa064e84c.jpg

all the pictures can be found http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fightnjoe/library/frankenfort

joe

this is the revell/monogram 1/48 b-17g.

many many thanks for the kind words.

joe

well we have an update.

first up is what we look like installed in the fuse.

interior-16_zpsac59f6c1.jpg

interior-15_zps0b379222.jpg

interior-14_zps8235e6e7.jpg

and the wheel wells. i didnt add much to them but i did add just a little.

wheel-well-4_zps445e4f62.jpg

wheel-well-2_zpsb357b56a.jpg

now the fuse is closed and i am working on the wheel wells more. i am thinking that i will still add a few hoses and such but most of this will be difficult in the room allotted.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

This is just amazing. What did you use in the wheel well (I mean that thing that looks like a net)? Again, amazing work.

many thanks for the kind words.

what was used is .010 by .010 strup. just laid out and hit with tamiya extra thin.

joe

This is a really nice start !!

That first pic is impressive!!

well an update of sorts.

it seems to all fit. only issue was after i took these pics i managed to open the seam down the underbelly between the bomb bay and belly turret. got that repaired then got a coat of flat black on it (god that was a lot of paint) for checking my sanding work.

full-body-4_zps0e387187.jpg

full-body-1_zpsa051dae7.jpg

full-body-3_zpse3460857.jpg

full-body-2_zpsf2a0d88f.jpg

hopefully there isnt much to touch up and i can get the gloss black on in the next day or so.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

Latest posts

Back