my current project......or......let me bore you with this

many thanks.

actually have her sprayed now but in the next few weeks she will be sharing the bench with another. updates will be soonish.

joe

You are bringing this fortress to life Joe!

You have more patience than I do with all the detailing you have done.

Nice work!

fightnjoe said:
like the title says. let me show what i have going at the moment.

aka..............frankenfort.

here is where i am now.

sanded and cut away all of the interior detail, did the ribbing, starting at the nose worked my way through adding details as i went. the kit pieces so far are the fuse sides, the flooring for the bombadier/pit and nav/radio room, the bomb sight, the bombadier yoke for the chin turret, the seats for pilot/copilot, the bulkheads, the bomb bay catwalk/bomb rack, the bombs, the tail wheel assembly, the guns, and the clear for the belly turret. resin pieces are the o2 bottles and the ip. the rest is styrene, wire, putty, and aluminum (pop can).

all the pictures can be found http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fightnjoe/library/frankenfort

joe

Wow; beautiful work!

My modeling mentor and lifelong friend built that Monogram model with super-duper detail just like you're doing. On the navigator desk he put the nav. chart on it and in the corner of the desk where the fuselage wall and bulkhead meet, he put two or three wadded up pieces of paper there as though the navigator balled up the paper and threw them there. Pretty crazy-awesome detail!

many thanks.

feel like i am neglecting this one now. one of the reasons i rarely have two builds going at the same time.

joe

well we have paint.

this is not the result i had in mind, the alclad is very touchy stuff. if you spray too heavy or let it build up too much in one outing you get a very poor, rough, dull finish. almost pitted. that happened to me. i resprayed some with gloss black and then resprayed the alclad. better results. still not what i had in mind or hoped for but i can live with this.

paint-1_zps4de64b01.jpg

paint-4_zpsc90cbad0.jpg

paint-3_zpse8ac5fb5.jpg

paint-2_zps442bfcf8.jpg

like i said it isnt what i had in mind but i can live with it.

comments, criticism, and critiques are encouraged.

joe

well an update is in order.

the doors.

yep

door-2_zps3153f0ca.jpg

door-1_zps42a07465.jpg

door-3_zps0e101920.jpg

still a bit of detail work to do on them but they are mostly done.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

well here i am again. been way too long since the last update.

so where was i..........................

oh yeah. some detail work.

how about first a redo. a crew access door. i dont like the way this looks. it may be changed.

what it was......

door-1_zps42a07465.jpg

and what it is now.

door-redo_zpsf32c86d4.jpg

like i said, not happy with it. it doesnt have that crisp, clean look that i wanted.

and now the engines.

engine-work_zpsd7fe86e1.jpg

engine-work-2_zpsc354e64e.jpg

joe

slow and not so steady bob.

she is taking shape though. hope to get her to a point where i stop breaking parts off though.

joe

well folks after quite a bit of time she is progressing a bit.

forgive the flowered table cloth.

the decals are on. notice no blue stripe on the tail. for a while this bird went without it. notice also just a touch of weathering on the wings.

decals-2_zps0fb7f24d.jpg

decals-3_zpsc05f60b1.jpg

decals-1_zpsc6628a46.jpg

thinking the next update may be the final update. just got to attach the stuff that is already done. need to paint the prop tips. all in all not much left.

joe

FRANKENFORT finished

quaralane thank you.

well folks it has been a long ride. started in march i can call her finished.

there are a multitude of things wrong with her. but she fit the bill for what she was intended. a test bed for different construction techniques. a test bed for what i could actually do.

so without further discussion,

FRANKENFORT in the markings of El Lobo 2 prior to the blue stripe on the tail.

finished-6_zpsc8282416.jpg

finished-5_zpsf38be817.jpg

finished-7_zps752cee17.jpg

finished-2_zpscd4f2fec.jpg

finished-1_zps0e470429.jpg

finished-3_zpsb46656f6.jpg

finished-4_zpse0089e55.jpg

the pictures are blurry as i am dealing with a different camera and although it is a good one it would not focus properly for this model. thank you all for following along. thank you for the wonderful comments and suggestions.

joe

Latest posts

Back