My 2nd & Most Impressive "3D PRINTED" Model Car, The 1927 Miller 91.

BuildParts

So I recently showed our 1/4 scale 100%, 3D printed Model T Hot Rod in Scale Auto and Here!

That was built 3 or 4 years ago...

So in May we decided to build a new car, but what made it special (other than being 100% 3D printed) was that it was built at 2/5th scale... yep 40% the original size...

Keep in mind, very expensive, but used for nothing more than marketing. I am a huge model car and real car fan, so this is a great opportunity to show our capabilities!

I had to decide what scale to build it originally and couldn't decide... I wanted it to be at least 1/4 scale like the Rod I built, but realized it needed to be bigger....

IMG_3930.jpg

The first body chassis parts came out of the machine in sections... Right here is the left side of the chassis in two sections. This totals almost 5 feet in length!!!

IMG_4152.jpg

Time for a quick fit up, between the chassis and the Wheel/Tire... We are 5 weeks from a trade show that it needs to be completed for...

IMG_4156.jpg

The Tire has raised lettering which we built in a elastomer, then painted and inserted into the tire for a raised look... The Rim looks great and is ready for paint...

tirewheel_lettered.jpg

This is some fantastic work ! It must need a huge amount of plastic ? ..is it expensive ? Would it be cost prohibitive to produce kit versions of this ? ...just curious :)

Chris.

Thank you for the kind words, I have had a few people ask already if we will make smaller scale versions as kits... we'll see if theres really enough interest.

Anyway, here's the next batch of photos ;D

The body was built in an epoxy resin process called SLA (the original 3D printing process)... Here it is being removed from one of our largest machines...

IMG_4244.jpg

Priming and prepping are paramount now, in order to meet our deadline, which is only a few weeks away at this point.

IMG_4313.jpg

Latest posts

Back