Music: What do you listen to when you build.

Wet Wet Wet - Goodnight Girl

also
Goo Goo Dolls, Creed, Maroon 5, Hoobastank (The reason) and the likes

sometimes I just can let go of the past... especially Wet Wet Wet - Goodnight it gives a meaning.

that's why I burned myself into building.

It depends very much on my mood...

If I’m doing a model from WW2 I might put on one of the Battlefield documentaries.

If I want music I usually listen to Radio Alfa which plays a good mix of seventies and eighties music – just the kind of music I like. Lately, however, I’ve had a bit of a musical-trip and there’s been plenty of Chess, Cats, Tell Me On A Sunday, and Phantom Of The Opera coming out of the loudspeakers.

Occasionally I’ll prefer silence and all you’ll hear is the scratching of the knife, the scraping of the sanding paper, and a constant stream of curses as I make yet another mistake...

Now that fall is here and I'm moving indoors, I get more bench time, but it's still talk radio. Mark Levin from 6 to 9PM, then Savage, for as long as I can stand him, or John Batchelor (much more cerebral than the egotistical "Doctor" Savage). And when the static is too much, it's Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Sousa, Sinatra, polkas, POTUS, SCOTS, Skynyrd...

It varies for me, I go through phases. Right now, it's a Matthew Good phase.

I'd say 8 out of 10 times I'm listening to the Grateful Dead, other than that if I'm building a WWII era model some times I'll listen to some 40s swing tunes, or just your classic RNR, Styx, Stones, Skynyrd, Hatchet, Blackfoot, Ted Nugent, and the like even some 80s stuff like Berlin, Motels, the Smiths, But Mostly The DEAD!!!! A lot of times I watch the History/Military channels instead.

I think sometimes I'm the only Deadhead that builds models, much less military type models!!!! Am I really that strange???

James

Only time I listen to music is in the car/van when I'm out and about, when I'm building I like silence, boring mabe ;)

I listen to lots of different stuff, everything from AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, Probot, Queen, QOTSA, The Cult to stuff like classical, '80s, The Cure, Mumford & Sons, Stone Roses.....i must have music tho, hate silence unless it's something new i'm doing and i need to concentrate 8)

Wow! you guys ROCK with all your music and video choices.
As for me, I'm very boring. I just listen to the radio.
If I pop a DVD I'll never build a kit because I'll just stop what I'm doing and watch the DVD.

Oh well.....
However these videos I love to play whenever I'm working on something:

The Warrior Song

The Warrior Song - Hard Corps

In to Bob Seger at the moment. Brings me back to my younger days. Frampton live, the Beach Boys, Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffet (can you guys tell I'm a beach bumb?) too has the same effect. I mostly leave the windows open and listen to the wind and the trees. I have an elementary school next me and I can hear the kids playing outside in the schoolyard. I don't know why but it's a nice sound listening to the kids laughter and the occasional dog barking in the background. Good times.

I like to listen to a variety of music.
But mostly:
Creedence Clear Water Revival
Rush
AC/DC
ZZ Top
Chicago
Styx

and sometimes just the plain ol' radio!
;D

I listen to movie soundtracks, LOTR,Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica old and re-imagined. I also like 80's rock. I like 1920's to 1940s Swing/Big Band. I also enjoy music from the 16th century, European Renaissance. IPOD's are great tools for modeling.

Over the past months I watched all Breaking Bad on Netflix while building

J

I Chained watched all 4 Seasons of Fringe ! in the last few weeks ! while building and I ended up building almost 4 kits ... nothing connected I am sure...

Wicked show ! I missed X-files so bad ... this was the closest.... I could connect to !

and I started listing to the "Pixies" trying to reconnect to the 80's and 90's

Next ~

Latest posts

Back