Music: What do you listen to when you build.

Music to build Tedious P.E. by .... What do you build to ?

Hey Guys,

I'm toiling away on this Royal Edition for DML's Sd.Kfz 7/1 & it's a HUGE set with tons of Tedious P.E.. Workable hinges ... etc. I like to have some tunes in th background to help th Flow !! When you have something like this ... What do you like to listen to ... or do you ?

Here's what I've got on th Juke Box :

Johnny Winter - Be Careful With A Fool

The Rolling Stones - Love In Vain '69

Led Zeppelin - Travelling Riverside Blues (promo)

Ten Years Gone

Led Zeppelin - Earl's Court (1975) - "Trampled Underfoot"

Re: Music to build Tedious P.E. by .... What do you build to ?

Some very good tunes Erik.

I usually don't have anything playing, but when I do it's mostly 60's and 70's ROCK.

scratchmod

Jingles said:
Guys, seriously, we only need one music topic.

Jingles.
LOL Only one? But there are so many genres of music... I think I've sen this or a similar topic posted two or three times earier...

JMac said:
Jingles said:
Guys, seriously, we only need one music topic.

Jingles.
LOL Only one? But there are so many genres of music... I think I've sen this or a similar topic posted two or three times earier...

i think he means there are lots of people posting topics about music outside of this thread... i posted one beacuse i got excited about a song, forgot this thread existed beacuse it was kind of at the bottom or close too it, or at least i didnt see it.

Jazz and or Blues... Sometimes some classic rock. Otherwise its just the television usually on some type documentary.

Wow, I never knew there were so many fellow metal heads! I usually throw on a movie or some youtube build videos. When I do put on music its Killswitch Engage, Five Finger Death Punch, Ozzy, Slayer, Metallica, All That Remains, A7X, Black Label Society, etc.

Mostly Rock, Metal, Classic Rock. Have my MP3 player on shuffle most of the time.

A few of my favorites: Rush, Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Slipknot, Shinedown, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Five Finger Death Punch, Three Days Grace.....I think you get the idea.

When my laptop died almost exactly a year ago, my wife and kids got me this iTouch for my birthday. It'll be a year old on the 12th and I use it to check forums and a hundred other things. When I'm not listening to my music on it (Linkin Park, Rush, Third Day, etc), I'm tuned into a half dozen different Pandora stations depending on my mood...although it's usually to the T Hip...

Lotta good music! I usually have my laptop next to me when I build so I can use it for reference, maybe a star wars film will be on or planet rock radio. But when I shuffle my I tunes there's loads of stuff:
Pearl jam, the misfits, Alice in chains, sabbath, Metallica, crüe, The ramones, sound garden, sex pistols, him, the 69 eyes, turbonegro, the who, Hendrix, G n R, Elimination etc

*Old man alert* It's 40's big band music for me 8). Throw in a little 50's and 60's rock n roll when I'm feeling randy!

My favorite thing to do is to listen to a Toronto Maple Leafs game while I build. I plan most of my bench time around when a Leafs game is on. I would rather listen to it then watch it.

I used to be really into metal but I can't build and listen to it. My work enviroment can be noisy and I have 2 small boys, I crave quiet.... so metal won't work for me. ;D

For music I like my 90's bands. Thats my era. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Candlebox, Alice and Chains, Collective Soul, Smashing Pumpkins etc.

A bunch of Canadian bands alot you will have never heard of....The Hip, Rusty, Treble Charger, The Watchemen, Moist, The Odds, David Usher, 54-40, Junkhouse and lots more I can't remember.

When I really want to keep it mellow I really like Sigur Ros. Cinematic Orchestra is really good too.

I don't even mind a bit of trance sometimes. I like a lot of Chrstian rock too which is something a year ago I would have never imagined saying.

So yeah I am all over the map.
:p

I Like to hear Wagner.

I don´t know why, but every time I listen Wagner, I feel an irresistible desire of invading Poland 8)

;D NO, really, that was just a Woody Allen´s "joke" ;D
To name a few that you surely know, I usually listen "Credence C.R.", Johny Cash, Jimmiy Hdx, The Doors, J. Joplin, Queen, ELO, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Fats Domino, Pat Boone, Daft Punk , Cranberries, Vangelis, etc, etc, etc ... well, I´m really eclectic. I´ve got a good lot in mp3 so the mix when I play them randomly is really OK for me...

Found some old cassete tapes from my HS days... 20+ years ago. going through them on by one while at the bench. Currently on Van Halen's.

I'll watch war movies of all types, The lord of the rings trilogy, Robotech, Star Wars(the originals) I try and stay away from comedies( usually end up bleeding or dropping a part). As far as music, classical, to 40's big band, to 70's & 80's hard rock and heavy metal.

Latest posts

Back