Music: What do you listen to when you build.

Jeep

I don't always listen to music when I am building, sometimes I'll put on the Military Channel or a historic documentary but lately I have been listening to a band known as SABATON, If you have not heard there there music before , 90% of the songs commemorate historical battles especially in the first and second WW2. SInce the new album was released this week, here is a link. Anyway, what do you all listen too?

Sabaton - Primo Victoria [Saving Private Ryan] Video

Sabaton- Wehrmacht

Sabaton - Wolfpack

Sabaton - Panzerkampf

Wow! another SABATON fan on SMA! Cool!

To answer the question about music, i pretty much listen to anything (Anime-JPOP, Metal, Rockabilly, 80's stuff, classical, German Schlager) as long as the layist is longer than a few songs so I don'thave to keep selecting songs.

If you're interested in Metal, checkout OVERKILL. They've been going since '83. And they've remained faithful to their roots, unlike some other metal(ica) groups. :)
Overkill " Ironbound" / Album In Stores & Online February 9th, 2010

Wow Shriekback - I should go listen to "Oil and Gold" - it's been a while.
For me it's an Ipod playlist stew consisting mainly of Gorillaz, NIN, Soundgarden, Devo, Talking Heads, Radiohead and the and a Canadian band called the Tragically Hip.

When working on my models I prefer to listen to some relaxing music. Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Bad Religion...

Oh man, I am just not going to fit in... Jazz. If not that then I am watching build/how to videos from you guys or being a workaholic, working on servers remotely. Yeah I know but if gives me something to do while the paint dries. Anything but the honeydo list man.!

In no particular order:
Movie soundtracks
Lots of Styx
Rush
Neil Diamond
Black Sabbath/Ozzy
Guns-N-Roses
Various other artists and pieces

I don't really listen to music, but I do slip a DVD into the computer while building, currently it is the Thundercats......

A month ago, what we here in the U.S.A called starblazers, and before that Bablyon 5.

Grendels said:
I don't really listen to music, but I do slip a DVD into the computer while building, currently it is the Thundercats......

A month ago, what we here in the U.S.A called starblazers, and before that Bablyon 5.

You have Starblazers on DVD!? :eek: I am so coming over to your house!

I used to love that when I was younger, I've shown my son some stuff on youtube but man I know he'd just be glued to the TV if I could find it on now...

*We're off to outer space, we're leaving mother earth, to save the human race...

I have all three series on DVD. ;D The US distributor still sells them, but they are not cheap. If you want to track down a set, I would recommend Ebay....

You are welcome any time, but the drive here would be killer...

Grendels said:
You are welcome any time, but the drive here would be killer...

;D

I'll have to keep my eye on ebay,

I can't get the image of the Yamato in space outa' my head now.

Jazz, classical Cello for the most part. Deftones, Catherine Wheel, Ride, Band Of Horses, Bad Brains, 311, Crush Luther, Big Wreck, Tragically Hip, Rob Dickenson,etc. I find that I listen to NPR or BBC. When I can, I listen to my brother D. Pfieffe on CFNY out of Toronto!

Usually everything form Iron Maiden just love the songs especially the brave new world...
but at times the tv is on the hole day as background noise :p

LOL You guys rock

If I don't have some horror movie on from Netflix I'm listening to Pandora with the soothing sounds of Tool Avenged Sevenfold or Rage Against the Machine... Funny how most of us listen to something that should make us wanna move yet we are doing something that requires us to slow down and relax ... Maybe modelers are wired funny ... lol

If I do have music on it is normally something slow to relax me and help me focus like early Enigma or Jean Michel Jarre albums
Takes me back to my snowboarding days gliding through the snow.

Latest posts

Back