Murphy's Law Strikes Again

Dusky

Murphy's law strikes again in my life. I can't get any good results with Lifecolor by brush or airbrush at various ratios, I drop my Iwata Eclipse completely destroying all the parts in the front (which I gave away because I don't have the money to replace the parts and I'm not too fond of it and the ~0.3mm needle), my camera decides to call it quits, my desk chair gives out, and that's just the surface without delving into personal and other problems.

So now I'm out paint, an airbrush, a camera, and a desk chair. No modeling for me anytime soon.

Hey there Spitfire,

Instead of deleting your threads, I just moved them to their related sections, Armor and Aircraft.

Once you get your mojo back they will be there to continue. I figured this was better than just outright deleting them.

Lifecolor, yeah, I have only had one experience with it, I found it "ok", but I think I will stick to Vallejo. Didn't have trouble thinning it to airbrush however, first coat I over thinned a bit, but nothing too bad.

Works for me. Thanks!

Lifecolor and Vallejo are off my list with the exception of Vallejo's primers and varnishes. I have a few Akan paints to try, but they are hard to get a hold of and I would still need another brand for basic colors. If Akan paints work out I'll probably stick to them with Tamiya for metallics and clears and possibly Model Master acrylics for the basic colors. Right now I only have a few Tamiya metallics, clears, and a few colors, Vallejo gray and black primer, and an Akan set for USSR Air Force 78 - 89.

Elm City Hobbies said:
You should try the Vallejo Air Metallics, they work very well.

If you have an airbrush. I never did get to test my bottle of Hawkeye's Talon aluminum.

Spitfire said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
You should try the Vallejo Air Metallics, they work very well.

If you have an airbrush. I never did get to test my bottle of Hawkeye's Talon aluminum.

Yes true they are designed to be airbrushed, but they can be brush painted as well.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Yes true they are designed to be airbrushed, but they can be brush painted as well.

I have Tamiya metallics for brush painting and I can actually buy them at the hobby shops somewhat near me. I'd just wish Tamiya would start importing their new XF-84 Dark Iron into the US already. No place seems to have it.

German camow brown from vellajo is perfect for dark iron :) I was going to pick up the tamiya one he other day but I left it behind because there isn't much of a difference in the two colors

spud said:
German camow brown from vellajo is perfect for dark iron :) I was going to pick up the tamiya one he other day but I left it behind because there isn't much of a difference in the two colors

I can't get Vallejo near me and I'm not fond of it anyways. I also can't mix it with the Tamiya metallics I already have.

I have never had any luck brush painting Tamiya paints, no where near as well brush painting them as Vallejo brush paints. Couple of drops of Vallejo, drop of water, mix with a brush and go....works like a charm.

German camo brown from Vallejo is perfect for dark iron

Never thought of using that color, even better, take the color and add some of the #521 Metal Medium to give it a metallic sheen

Elm City Hobbies said:
I have never had any luck brush painting Tamiya paints, no where near as well brush painting them as Vallejo brush paints. Couple of drops of Vallejo, drop of water, mix with a brush and go....works like a charm.

I don't like Vallejo paints and no one is going to change my opinion on that. Tamiya metallics brush fairly well, but the rest of Tamiya, especially their gloss paints, don't. I find it impossible to brush on a second coat of Tamiya paint because the thinner always reactivates the layer below no matter how long it has had to dry.

Right now I need anything but metallics. I need basic colors, WWII US, German, and Russian colors, and modern US colors.

Until I find a job everything is on hold.

Hey Spitfire, I've been having a lot of luck lately with Model Masters paints, but I've been thining them with Tamiya thinner. Maybe when you get back up and running you could try that out. Good luck buddy!

for brush you cant beat vellajo, if you dont like them then no one will argue with how you feel about them, but on the other hand i prefer my Tamiya for spraying, but latly ive been ading 1 or 2 drops of vellajo ab cleaner and it flows Much better than it did before,

I've actually heard of people thinning Model Master acrylics with Windex, but that they still have adhesion issues.

Even a fool like me can get a beautiful finish airbrushing Tamiya acrylics thinned using their own thinner; no additives needed. Their color selection and poor brush painting ability leave a lot to be desired.

Akan paints seem very promising, but they will be hard to get a hold of. They brush well, stick well, and I've heard they airbrush well as well. Linden Hill distrubutes them in the US, but they only carry a small portion of what Akan makes. I'll have to try out Armory in the Ukraine to purchase more from their line.

You can't get me to like Vallejo and I can't get you to like ponies. ;D

I just need some random kit in 1/35 or 1/48 that's not too hard nor too easy and all the paint needed for it to magically appear in front of me. But I'd still find a way to mess it up and not finish it. Everything will be fine. It will all be fine.
mlfw1294_twiprecious.gif

And now my netbook is giving me issues... I just hope it's the RAM and not the processor.

I know how you feel, I just had one of those evenings. Everything just went bad.

The thing to do is learn from it and realize that once it is over, everything will seem happier. I am looking forward to tomorrow because it will be a happier day.

Latest posts

Back