Carpet Monster strikes again!!!

I've encountered carpet monsters, wood floor monsters, and tile monsters. They are all unforgiving...

thats cuz youhave to feed him some sacrafices once in a while.. or you can teach him to drop it and give it back using unsused kit styrine or PE :p

At one point I thought about buiding a box to build in. Like one of those clear boxes with holes to put your arms through. Think Biology lab... But then I realized someway somehow that I'd loose pieces to the floor...

What I hate is when the Carpet Monsters hide the bits under the wheels of your chair...."where did that go, I better roll back and look under the...crunch...ARHGH! Seriously?!"

Erik

Have you ever suffered a case of Bermuda Triangle Room ?? I call it when after an unresolved "Carpet Monster" case you decide to call for reinforcements (aka wife) and you finally expand your searching area out of the carpet more and more, during a lot of time, and it seems that the stuff has gone to "other dimension" ??? :p

mr lucky said:
What I hate is when the Carpet Monsters hide the bits under the wheels of your chair...."where did that go, I better roll back and look under the...crunch...ARHGH! Seriously?!"

Erik

I have done this one more than once...

Actually, they're more like the Sarlac Pit in Return of the Jedi than an actual 'sneak up on you' kinda monster. They just wait there to be fed.

whats worse is the wood floor monster who steals your parts and when the build is complete, gives it back and laughs hysterically at you. :p

What really stinks is when casper the friendly ghost pays you a visit, moving your tools around to different locations then where they're supposed to be, creating you to put on a frantic hunt, not being able to find the tool your looking for. Go for a walk to relieve your frustration, come back and find it three inches from where its supposed to be originally.

Nothing like a big ole WTF at the work bench ha ha. Many many times, I go to use a tool and for the life of me cant find it with it being where its supposed to be the whole time lol. The wife has learned to never tell me to look for anything cuz I can never find anything yet if it was a snake it woulda bit me ha ha.

Small parts have the ability to time travel. :eek: I read somewhere that when I small part is being manipulated the pressure gets so great that it flys off, when it pings off something like a forehead or eyeglass it reaches escape velocity and breaks the space time continuum. For this reason no matter how carefully you search you will NOT find said piece until a significant period of time has elapsed. This is usually after a replacement has been sourced. This is true in my experience of Kaydee coupler springs, Walther HO rail car truck springs, any small photo etch involving tanks or planes the barrel plug of a M1911A1 45 cal auto pistol and multitudes of jeep parts. This theory is the basis behind the flux capacitor by Dr. Emmet Brown or the Time lord's Tardis.

Jeep said:
Small parts have the ability to time travel. :eek: I read somewhere that when I small part is being manipulated the pressure gets so great that it flys off, when it pings off something like a forehead or eyeglass it reaches escape velocity and breaks the space time continuum. For this reason no matter how carefully you search you will NOT find said piece until a significant period of time has elapsed. This is usually after a replacement has been sourced. This is true in my experience of Kaydee coupler springs, Walther HO rail car truck springs, any small photo etch involving tanks or planes the barrel plug of a M1911A1 45 cal auto pistol and multitudes of jeep parts. This theory is the basis behind the flux capacitor by Dr. Emmet Brown or the Time lord's Tardis.

Hopefully a vent I sent through time didn't go too far into the future, I'll need it shortly. Lol Though it may have gone down the sink drain. :mad:

I lost a tiny Dragon part today, but after cleaning my floor with a Swiffer I managed to find it in the dirt pile.

Dusky said:
I lost a tiny Dragon part today, but after cleaning my floor with a Swiffer I managed to find it in the dirt pile.

Awesome, that gives hope to us all! The Monster can be tamed!

Latest posts

Back