Mr. Dry Booth questions.

Anedg003

Heya. from a user on youtube I saw a video where couple did build. they had a machine called
"Mr dry booth"
gnzgt04.jpg

what I found on this site that it cost around $145.11, and around $100Shipping.
that is pretty much in my view so what I wanna know is there other sites that sells it, if so any near europe?

my last question is, is there other "booth" that is almost the same?

been google around all I found is that one.

hope I did post in the right section.

-André

Hey there Andre,

Go to your local department store, someplace like Walmart, or similar, and get yourself a large Food Dehydrator. Will do the same thing, and usually much, much cheaper.

Food dehydrator ?!?!? I have one of those I got cheap at a garage sale ... lol ... never used it ... maybe now I have a use for it ... lol What exactly does it do? Just dry the paint faster?

Elm City Hobbies said:
Hey there Andre,

Go to your local department store, someplace like Walmart, or similar, and get yourself a large Food Dehydrator. Will do the same thing, and usually much, much cheaper.

Okey thanks ;)

ScarredKustoms said:
Food dehydrator ?!?!? I have one of those I got cheap at a garage sale ... lol ... never used it ... maybe now I have a use for it ... lol What exactly does it do? Just dry the paint faster?

"A terrific way to dry your painted kits, even in humid conditions, the 'Dry Booth' is well worth the price! Simply pre-heat for 10 minutes, then put your painted pieces on the racks inside, re-set the timer (it goes in 10 minute increments, up to 60 minutes; you don't control the heat, only the time), close the lid, and let your kit dry! Use it for drying putty, too."

so could be more then just the paint I think ::)

ScarredKustoms said:

Basically all a dehydrator does is pull warm dry air across whatever is inside it, dry out apple and banana slices, or cure the paint on your model faster.

I do the same thing with my spray booth, just leave the fan running for an hr or so when I am done spraying, the fan draws air from inside the booth, across the freshly painted kit, the air will help dry/cure the paint. No it isn't heated or purely dry, but it works.

The Dry Booth doesn't dehydrate the air, just heats it up slightly, which in theory does dry it out some, pulls the air across whatever is in it, and drys it out. Alot of money for something that can be found pretty much anywhere. And if you already have a paint booth...just leave your fan on for an hr when you are done painting, and effectively does the same thing.

Hmmm maybe I'll break it out and give it a try... need to set up spray booth ... to cold out to spray in the garage.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Hey there Andre,

you know... there is always a company trying to make money off of something in the modeling world, charging a lot for something, when there is a lot cheaper better solution!

AE example, my last delema with the Testors Decal Bonder Refill spray, Lacquer clear you can get at wallmart is just as effective, yet the same price, but in a much... bigger can! the great thing is i can easily re supply. also i looked forever for plaso sealer, and it wasn't even at Hobby lobby, later i found out bondo works just fine for a sealer, in fact many claim it works much better than squadron putty, and once again, its a much better deal, i bet you can make a spray booth with a 5hp vacuum and a cardboard box if you wanted too for crying out loud, in the modeling word there are TONS of solutions to issues, cheep solutions with good outcomes, that coud be much... more expensive!

I've got that lil bugger an works pretty well.... now if I'd have known long ago to use the other *drying booth* I'd have saved some money.. but oh well ya live an learn...

speaking of paint booths with a 5hp fan an cardboard box... yes they do work... buddy has 2 of them in his garage...

The only thing I'm not very keen on with the Mr Drying Booth... it's not tall enough....grrrrr what with the figures that I build... if it was about another 5" higher I'd be alot happier lol oh well...

back to the bench I hear the fire truck calling.

later chaps

interesting dryer. I bet one could be made with a box, lightbulb and a computer fan.

an old skeletonised toaster oven would work (minus the heating coils ofcourse)

Latest posts

Back