MQ-1 Predator UAV

Thank you all for your kind comments.

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
WOW REALLY NICE! How'd ya do the base mate? Looks cool, might make one for da hornet!
Sorry for the late response been a bit busy.
Making a base like that is rather easy. I used a wooden photo frame which I filled in with pieces of balsa wood. Just to make a solid flat surface. Then I cut a piece of sand paper (this was 360) which I then cut in to smaller pieces which are glued on to the balsa.
Everything is then primed. Only thing to do is paint it. For this I used 1 gray color and white color both highly diluted. After that I painted edges of the small pieces with transparent brown. Everything was sealed with Sidolux (similar to Future). When it was dry I made a wash of brown Van Dyke and hit it with flat coat.
That’s pretty much it.

Here are shots of the model for now. Some small details to follow (Remove before flight straps).
Predator14.jpg
Predator15.jpg
Predator16.jpg
As always all comments are more than welcome.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thank you for the info on the base. I have used sand paper before for pavement. Works great!

Thanks for the mini tutorial on the base!! Really nice fit with your UVA! I said it before....Excellent!! ;D

Thank you for your comments.
I'm still struggling with the RBF straps. But there’s another thing that I noticed. I don't know how many times I went thru documentation photos. But I noticed it after the drone was painted (of course). In my case it's not a big problem as propeller blades will be cover but just as a warning to any one out there who would want to make this kit. Propeller blades should be a different shape. They should be a bit shorter and the ends shouldn't be pointy but cut flat.
Like here:
mq-1_predator_07_of_15.jpg
Regards
Lukasz

pretty amazing .... this little Prop keep that big bird aloft ??? Ok ! :eek:

You did a really nice job on that.... Base and All !!!

what they need to give us now.... is a Command centre to go with it !!!! LOL

Thank you :)
Here are the photos of its finished.
Predator17.jpg
Predator18.jpg
Predator19.jpg
Predator20.jpg
Predator21.jpg
Predator22.jpg
Predator23.jpg
Predator24.jpg
Predator25.jpg
Predator26.jpg
Predator27.jpg
All comments are more than welcome.
Cheers

Wow !

Awesome little Gem !!!

I might just get one...

its pretty much the future of surveillance aviation. with a Bite ! LOL

thanks for sharing with us!

This is a very sound model, nice job.

I like those RBF straps, I have a real one on my guitar stand a friend brought me home. 8)

Thank you my friends for the comments. They really mean a lot to me.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back