MQ-1 Predator UAV

Biskup

I don't usually make planes and especially military ones. But as I wanted to join the contest and make something different that would be a challenge I chose MQ-1 Predator UAV as for me this is a small peep in to the future of warfare.
This is how it looked like for the contest entry.
P1.jpg
This kit is released by Italeri in 1/72 scale but it was produced in Japan :) which made happy as this kit has a lot of details that you don't normally find in Italeri'e kits.
So here it is as it looks now.
Predator02.jpg
Not much but let me tale you that assembling those 2 parts of fuselage along with the wings which are in one part wasn't easy as you have to check and align them. So that the endings of wings will be in the same distance from the ground. A small movement by the fuselage means big one at the end of the wings. This took me some time :)
I primed it and started filling the gaps. More pictures soon.
Cheers
Lukasz

Produced in Japan? I have never seen the Italeri one up close, but do have the Platz kit....wonder if it is the same kit? Since Platz is in Japan.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Produced in Japan? I have never seen the Italeri one up close, but do have the Platz kit....wonder if it is the same kit? Since Platz is in Japan.
I think it's Platz but couldn't find any details about the place of production.

A small update.
Predator03.jpg
Predator04.jpg
I ‘managed to fill the gap between to parts of the fuselage and I started adding additional elements. Unfortunately there are few parts that are misshaped due to shrinkage of the plastic after the molding. So filling the shrinkage recess and correcting the shape of those parts is next.
Thanks for looking
Cheers
Lukasz

That looks like an interesting model. Looks easy to build and paint. A good quick weekend build.

cheers
Rob

;D ;) :D

I meant easy because there is no canopy to mask. Pretty much straight build and right to the fun part, the paint. I'll be watching buddy.

scratchmod

Nice progress Lucasz! Getting close to the paint booth! ;D Keep up the great work!

I had a model like this on, just take your time, you have posted great results in the past, I am sure that this one will not be any different.

I will surely take my time as I want to detail this kit as much as possible and make it as accurate as possible so there's some work to be done. Just filling the shrinkage recess and redoing the shape of elements will take some time.
Regards
Lukasz

This is a bit different !, dont think i 've seen one of these built yet ,...great start buddy ,

Chris.

i just purchased the Platz Mq-1b predator drone from my local hobby shop. Much to my suprise the molds were the same as on my Accurate Miniturers version. After further research i have found that they are all the same kit. With this said it builds into an excellent model. I recommed building it wheels up on a stand, as it looks beautiful in flight. The Platz kit also includes the Nasa decals so you can build that version as well. Great little kit.

noc5659 - Thanks for the info and idea. It's too late to make it in fly position as I almost finished the base.
After removing all the sim lines, imperfections and redoing the shape of some parts the drone is finally ready for paint. Buy accident I broke of the front long "thingy" so I decided to re do it with materials that more in to scale.
Here is the photo of UAV pre shaded with surfacers.
Predator07.jpg
And here we go with photos of the base which is not yet finished but it's getting there.
Predator05.jpg
Predator06.jpg
All comments are more than welcome.
Cheers
Lukasz

Sweet!! Pre-shading looks good!! looking forward to some paint!! Tha base looks great too!! Keep it coming! ;D

Latest posts

Back