Moon Puppy's Voo Doo

Moon Puppy

I sent in email and paypal just to post this here.

I know this is no contest winner cause it doesn't stand a chance against some of these builds going on here!

Here's my F101 Voo Doo I did at Swanny's Century Series group build last year.

F101 Voo Doo
1:48
Revelle

Category: All Open

This is the Monogram/Revelle F101 Voo Doo, mostly out of box. Can't really complain about the kit other than very cumbersome assembly of the wing roots.

Used the Legends Avionics bay to show the open panels up front. Reskinned the burners because of a really nasty seam that ran the length of the afterburners.

Let's see...oh yeah, I double masked the canopy, masked the inside and out, really gives it the depth when you look and see the black seal in the canopy then the interior color and exterior color.

Things I learned on this build, your weather eye is not calibrated to the camera. When I weathered this I thought it was way overdone. but when I looked at the pictures and got feed back from folks it really looks weathered, not to bad but well used.

voodoo0155.jpg
voodoo0156.jpg
voodoo0157.jpg
voodoo0158.jpg
voodoo0159.jpg
voodoo0160.jpg

I sort of blended in several shades of AlcladII for an effect, just testing to see how it would look in anticipation of an upcoming NMF build I'm going to do. Trying a little high shine, medium and dirty look of the metal.
voodoo0162.jpg
voodoo0164.jpg

And here we are with a clear shot of the open avionics bay
voodoo0163.jpg

Hope this is proper to post this here, if not, guys just delete it, that's cool. Just wanted to contribute something to the contest and join the fun y'all are having. ;D

You should not put yourself down like this....

Be happy and love to share with others like you!

Nice bird by the way! In 1982 I saw a few of them fly..... During an Airshow
Was my first Airshow and will always be the best one.... Cuz of the voodoos

Thanks for sharing! You still have time to take more Beauty shots ! June 30th is still a long way away

Norm.

Out

Thanks Norm, you're kind.

Don't take it as putting myself down, I"m being realistic. I know a good number of the folks in competition here!

Looks good to me Pup! Oddly enough we had a judging clinic at our club last night and you know what I learned? First, even seemingly flawless models have flaws. And second, aesthetics count for a lot.

I'm not the greatest builder either and I don't really do contests to compete. I do contests so that other people can enjoy my work and to enjoy the company of other modelers. Not to mention I'd get nothing done if it wasn't for a deadline. ;)

Thanks Jim. Honestly I have only entered in one in person show and a couple of online ones. The first online was a speed build in a week and I won a Sotar 20/20 airbrush...haven't won one since, figured with a win like that, I peaked. ;D

I'm with you bub, I build for me.

MOONIE,

I Dig th Voo Doo that Yoo Do So Well ! This plane Rox ! & You know that I'm not much for those Flak Targets. Nothing against you Guys that Build 'em . It just doesn't interest Me. So I'm just having Fun with ya Bro. You know that ! ;D With that said.

Hell Yeah ! You should be proud of this plane. I think it looks really Cool !! I like th use of th Alclad. I gotta get me some of that Stinky Stuff !

Great lookin' plane ! ;D \m/

how can you say you don't stand a chance? with a Build this one, I do agree with the guys its superb!!!

I agree with others, the model does look really good. The overall level of details both on the hull and in all the open hatches is fascinating.

That's really good mate! That's a really tough kit too. I've been working on mine off and on for a long time.
Well done!

Great job Pup! I like the contrasts you achieved. You should be proud, well done!! ;D

Latest posts

Back