B-25b Mitchell Doolittle Tokyo Raiders

Man that dog loves your head!! Great work with the model, look forward to seeing her finished!

Great to see an update!! I know how you feel, I will be working on my right up until the last minute....

I had some encounters of doubtful pleasure with accMin decals as well. The older microscale-printed decals are really not friendly to the user.
Sorry for that, mate.
Hope you find some for replacement.

best wishes

Alex

Nice work on this!! I also bit off more than I can chew with my entries, but they got done!!!

I will be watching for that video of the props running!!

Looks great. I like the base too. Id love to build another one of these some day or perhaps the Revell B-25J. One question though about the cowl rings. Where did you find the references for them being painted? When I built mine I couldnt find any conclusive info either way, though I really wanted to paint them in a nice contrasting color liek Yellow or Red. At the time of my build the general concensus was that all 16 of the Raiders or at the very least the lead aircrafts had all been repainted but all the pics I found from on board the Hornet showed them to be quite weathered with some fresh paint applied in places. So I went with the theory that all the unit markings and pilot names were painted over in case the a/c fell into the wrong hands. So I did mine with faded and chipped/worn paint, oil stains, etc. The painted the cowl rings over with un faded olive drab and did some patch work with the same paint along the forward fuselage.

Nice job, best of luck to you in the voting.

Latest posts

Back