"Mongoose" dragster

just waiting on the clearcoat to dry on the wings and to finish detailing the helmet!

should be done maybe tomorrow

IMGP4611.jpg

Nice work with the metal finishes. You also did a good job of differentiating what needed to be glossy and polished and what needed to show wear and tear. Exellent model.

Best regards,

Matt

Love the extreme detail on the helmet! Your wiring and plumbing on the engine is over the top, in my opinion. I was a drag strip photographer in Michigan at the end of the "slingshot" era and this model captures the flavor of the nitro cars very well. Great feel for the era for a young'n, how did you research this project?

There is an Indy (as in Independent) film in the works called Snake and Mongoose that is about the great rivalry between Don Prudholm and Tom McEwen during the hayday of SoCal drag racing. Look it up on IMDB.

Dale

scaledale said:
Love the extreme detail on the helmet! Your wiring and plumbing on the engine is over the top, in my opinion. I was a drag strip photographer in Michigan at the end of the "slingshot" era and this model captures the flavor of the nitro cars very well. Great feel for the era for a young'n, how did you research this project?

There is an Indy (as in Independent) film in the works called Snake and Mongoose that is about the great rivalry between Don Prudholm and Tom McEwen during the hayday of SoCal drag racing. Look it up on IMDB.

Dale

thanks guys!,

i try to capture the feel of the era of anything i build especially race cars.

I couldn't find much info on this car. i watched some you tube videos and such and just looked at old photos .
i watched "wheels of fire" on you tube. if you go to the page you can find all the parts and see the whole movie
WHEELS OF FIRE

I wish I was around back then the racing today is to commercial.

Latest posts

Back