Moebius Galactica Build

biomedchad

Second try at this kit. I've learned a lot from many of you so it's time to do it some justice. Quick video update of the lighting of front hall and the modification to get the parts aligned.

S2:E1 Moebius Battlestar Galactica

Many of you haven't seen my channel..subscribe if you like and let me know if you have a channel...more model builds the better! Thanks

Time for an update! Been a slow week but I have finally picked out my paint colors. Also, made more modification to the gator head for a smooth transition to the main hall. Big thing is I have started to detail out the ribs with various styrene nibs and jewelry pieces. The one pick of the head is the plastic that needs to be removed for the smooth fit. Along with cutting a deck off of the main compartment.

S2 Moebius Battlestar Galactica Part 2

Kewl update video!
Yes, I can see how with such a small model you have to use those really thin wires. :) I suppose as long as you don't bend them around too much, you won't have the problem of snapping them.
;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm "new" to lighting models and a relative "Noob" to model buildimg so forgive me if this question may sound obvious to most....what is Tulip or what are you using to "Tulip?"

"Tulip" is a thick acrylic fabric paint. I have heard it is good for gap filling, and is rather opaque so it has good light blocking ability.
;D ;D ;D
I haven't gotten any myself yet, but have heard Steve Neill mention it many times.

ModelMakerMike said:
"Tulip" is a thick acrylic fabric paint. I have heard it is good for gap filling, and is rather opaque so it has good light blocking ability.
;D ;D ;D
I haven't gotten any myself yet, but have heard Steve Neill mention it many times.

Thanks for explaining that to me. I am in the process of lighting two models right now and any help is greatly appreciated.

another update on my bucket. since this update i had it together and then had to split it apart to repair a bad connection...let this be a lesson..keep it lit when putting it all together so you can catch a burnout before hand.

Moebius Galactica Part 5

One thing you could try is to route the positive down one side of the retraction arms, and the negative down the other. That way you could strip off the insulation and make the wire much smaller.

thats a good idea john..its like my 3rd or 4th it model so im collecting methods of how to distribute everything throughout various ships. the smalelr wire help with all of that. there are just some really tight bends inside of there.

another update..all together and lit up!

Moebius Galactica Part 6

I don't know if I would have it powered up as I put it together, if you have a short, you could burn out a few things. I would test fit for sure, and I usually let all circuits run over night to make sure that everything works fine.

Small update. All of the decals are on the bottom of the hall. I love the acreation decal set. They go on easy and are tough as nails. One last go over with solvaset and then I'll hit it with the clear and flip her over.

The other pic is how I used apoxie sculpt to bridge the gap created by the head alignment mods I did.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back