Moebius and me

Just Mike

(repost from facebook)

I know there are a lot of people here who are fans of Moebius and on facebook as well as Hobbytalk. That's why I'm posting it here.

I had posted a complaint on Hobbytalk about the instructions to the Mk.II Viper. The illustrations showing how the landing gear attached to the fuselage with the bay doors already in place were, in my opinion, vague at best.

The moderator of that particular forum who is also an aftermarket vendor for many Moebius model kits took issue with this post stating that I shouldn't be posting complaints about them in an open forum despite the fact that people were free to complain about Round 2 Models (and others) all they liked in the same forum.

Some agreed with me, others didn't stating, "you have to test-fit first" or making comments about my apparent lack of skill and that they never had any problems with their instructions before. Perhaps knowing how zealous g_xii was (the moderator of the forum).

Moebius themselves later replied stating that there's noting wrong with their instructions and responded to my suggestion that they put more money into making better and cleared instructions than on full-color glossy instructions. They replied that full-color glossy was the same price as black on white matte which I'm having a very hard time swallowing - you can't expect someone to believe that full-color 22lb. stock (good magazine paper) is going to run you the same as 20lb. white with black printing...there's no way, not in this economy.

I tried defending myself on Moebius' facebook page after being banned from the board but Moebius decided to do the same thing here on facebook. So now, I can't defend myself or respond to anything directly.

I eventually played nice to get Moebius to help with the initial issue of the landing gear. They had to have their resident builder take snapshots of the landing gear doors and bay and how the gear fit inside. These weren't on the instructions, BTW.

Well my friend... you sure know how to pick a FIGHT ! ;D

maybe ! just maybe you were hanging with the wrong Crowd ?

If you point was JUST ! and it sounds like it !!! a FUBAR in the Model world... seen lots of it...

for Kits that are worth what they are worth !!! and a BIG company that isn't willing to Correct the issue !

well.. too easy ! I won't bother buying their stuff !!!

To Get Flak from a known issue ! is not cool ! to get Banned because you are rocking the boat !
NOT COOL at all !!!

Thank god there is SMA !!! we don't judge peoples ... we are the people for the peoples !!!

Find refuge and stake your Tent !

you are here to stay ! hope you feel welcomed !!!

turn the page !!! forget those A.R. types....

Norm

Out !

that's the thing. I'm really not trying to pick a fight but Moebius has a public statement about the situation and me although it doesn't mention me by name. It casts them in the best possible light and it makes me look like the bad guy for making a complaint in what I thought was an open forum where one would feel free to complain about a model.

I just want to be friends or at least be on friendly terms with everyone in the modeling community including, god willing, Steve Iveron.

Misunderstandings prevent this.

Mike,

I wouldn't worry about it. Let the past be exactly that, the past. While I didn't see nor participate in the situation, I did hear about it. It is one of the reasons I don't really visit Hobbytalk. I got the feeling that something like that could happen over there. As well as on other forums. Some people just let competition get to their heads and don't know how to be civil about it.

Listen to what Norm said. This board is very open and I am pretty sure that Scott and the other mods, myself included won't let something like that happen here.

In your defense, I just pulled my viper kit, the directions do not show anywhere how to attach the landing gear doors nor how to place the landing gear themselves.

Again let the past be the past, if you hadn't brought it up, I don't think anyone would have known it was you, nor would they have cared.

I'd like noting more than to let it go as you suggest but after years of taking it left and right and up the middle, I need to take a stand somewhere. I know, I don't need to vent here but it feels good to vent.

And if Scott thinks this doesn't belong here and wants to remove it, I'll understand.

Latest posts

Back