Model Masters Metalizers

Glorfindel

Someone here used this on a Falcon recently and they seemed to have liked it. I've never used them before so I'm wondering how you guys that have used them like it? I see that Testors has several they sell in sprays and more in jars. Any reason for this? Seems odd.

I used to use them. They looked nice, wide range of colors and were easy to apply. The stuff in the bottles were pre thinned and ready for the air brush. The big draw back for me was that the finish was very fragile and difficult to mask over without marring the finish. Post-It notes were about the only thing I've found that wouldnt mar the finish. Another thing I found is that they looked great until you put a clear coat over them, then they'd lose them metallic sheen. I only use a few specific colors now.

the entire line is in jars , some colors also in spray, for example the spray aluminum plate is only available in the buffing version.

almost any brand metallic will loose it's sheen when clear-coated but rarely is metal ,high gloss, I use it mainly for detailing parts so it not much of a handling or masking problem for me.
I would prefer alclad for larger surfaces that might be handled a bit more

Latest posts

Back