"Miss Ceasar", P-47 Thunderbolt, 1/48

Finally, an update!

I know, I know, it took long enough. But life got in the way as it is wont to do, and so the build stalled for a time. But I got my kiester in the seat and slugged out some progress

I picked out different panels once the Future cured over the NMF (to help protect it, ya know). Here are how the panels look under flash...

and under my lamp...

once that dried, I applied another coat of future, and popped on some decals!

getting close, but now comes the most tedious bit (outside of sanding, of course)...putting together the final fiddly bits!

Great work on the pit, love the ignition wires, excellent work on the paint! Great work so far!

Aw ! CSO , it almost looks like you know what you're doing ! ;)
I'm just getting some time back to the bench myself ::)
You're certainly one of the masters of the painting discipline we have among us :)
Cheers !
Keith

urumomo said:
Aw ! CSO , it almost looks like you know what you're doing ! ;)
I'm just getting some time back to the bench myself ::)
You're certainly one of the masters of the painting discipline we have among us :)
Cheers !
Keith

oh, I dont know about master...

{blush}

looks quite convincing ;D

..... that drop tank's hanging a little low --- might be a " bright " takeoff :-\

can you get a pic looking into the cockpit ?
love all the detail in there !
... also appreciate the paint wear at the leading edges ;D

urumomo said:
looks quite convincing ;D

..... that drop tank's hanging a little low --- might be a " bright " takeoff :-\

tell me about it. Im thinking that the makers designed the tank with the full wheels in mind, and not the weighted ones?

Wow, Owl my friend, you should teach a course on weathering - I would sign up now! Beautiful.

hilld said:
Wow, Owl my friend, you should teach a course on weathering - I would sign up now! Beautiful.

aw, shucks!

Here is a great tip--0000 steel wool. It buffs everything down sooth and give a worn appearance to paint. :)

Latest posts

Back