"Miss Ceasar", P-47 Thunderbolt, 1/48

I'll be using Academy's 1/48 Thunderbolt.

I picked up this kit at a vendors table, so as such, someone had already started it. They didnt do much, just airbrushed some pieces and BUILT THE COCKPIT! :mad:

so first thing first, was prying the walls away from the pit so I can get in there and paint the details. Insert much muttering and cursing...

IP

I scratched seatbelts from tape, with folded wire for the buckles. I then added a bit of wiring to the IP since some of the back could be seen.

I plan on wiring up the engine too, so hooray for crossed eyes! :p

Welcome to the site. Nice start. I love the P 47, builds up to a real big bird.

Nice choice of markings! I hope you have noticed; those decals are for a P-47D while your kit is a P-47N. The wingspan is larger on the N and the wing tips were squared off as well. No matter though, those markings will look sweet!

Aaron

aaron.zylman said:
Nice choice of markings! I hope you have noticed; those decals are for a P-47D while your kit is a P-47N. The wingspan is larger on the N and the wing tips were squared off as well. No matter though, those markings will look sweet!

Aaron

yup, I know the plane is a different version, but I got these decals for cheap and figured I ought to use them. :)

Great start on the P-47N. Love the nose art. Looking forward to your next update.

Got the wings glued on, and figured Id start work on the engine. THe yellow you see is the Chromate color. I thought to use that in addition to the green to add a bit of interest

Engine wiring commence!

with the big cowling, the engine can be seen pretty well

Just lurking and learning ;D Nice work on the c/pit and engine

got the ID stripes masked and painted

as well as the rest of the non-decal markings. Gotta do these first because NMF doesnt mask all that well

so shiny!

I tried to get a bit of preshading showing through, but I think I need a bit more practice...I always seem to cover it up. Ah well, still looks good.

Latest posts

Back