Miniart's YA-12 russian tractor WW2

Bullardino

Hi all, I'm building at my usual snail speed this kit:

Header.jpg

It's a nice little kit filled with details. It has a PE fret with many small pieces, individual link workable tracks, a full engine, doors that can be posed open or closed, a tarpaulin that can be left off, a very well moulded woo detail. The only downside is a too soft styrene and some ejector pin marks that, anyway, are often in places where they will disappear after assembling. Given it's cost, it is definitely a must have for russian tractor lovers like me.

It'll be painted with AK's 4BO green modulation set and it will have a whitewash to depict it in winter use. For the whitewash I'll use True Earth's new specific product that allows the paint to be stripped without using hairspray or similar products.

I started working from the engine, following the instructions :

8138460371_a3194b4270.jpg
8138490578_9a35f9fdae.jpg
8138456049_161ec78da8.jpg
8138453625_31f8090592.jpg

It's made of a lot tiny pieces, crammed with crisp details. Unfortunately I didn't find any picture of a Ya-12 that shows its GMC 4-71 and its plumbing and connections, so I'll keep the engine doors closed.

I went on building the chassis, which is made, again, of a lot of pieces. The wheel braces are fully workable, so you can pose the wheels as you wish.

And here I am now:

8197914380_48acfc9995.jpg
8196816697_bda1531df1.jpg
8196809731_5bee410b5e.jpg
8196803945_317c3b264b.jpg

I hope to have the bench time to complete the chassis and start the cab this week.

All comments are welcome :)

Hiya Luigi, didn't know you had this one here my friend. Like I said on MSC, love the motor and the detail on the tub.

Love the look and style of this vehicle, I know you will do it justice, looking forward to updates

-Steven

I have seen that box several times at events but somehow never looked inside it. I think Im going to follow this built to see if it can subliminally lodge itself into my mind forcing me to buy it. I love Russian Tractors allthough the S65 currently still leads the pack for me.

Looking great so far. Looking forward to the next steps.

Thanks again :)

FAUST: I too love russian tractors and the S-65, but I think it's a mistake that trumpeter didn't include an engine in their kit, as most of the pictures I have of that tractor show the engine all open. But I definitely hate working with resin cast items, and this refrains me from doing the S-65.

I agree fully that it was a mistake from Trumpeter to not include that engine. Still if you ever were to change your mind on working with resin then the LZ models kit is really recommended. I have never had resin sets that were so easy to clean up then the stuff Libor comes up with. I did a review over on Armorama of two of his products. The engine is also very easy to built. And really adds a lot to the trumpy kit.

FAUST said:
I agree fully that it was a mistake from Trumpeter to not include that engine. Still if you ever were to change your mind on working with resin then the LZ models kit is really recommended. I have never had resin sets that were so easy to clean up then the stuff Libor comes up with. I did a review over on Armorama of two of his products. The engine is also very easy to built. And really adds a lot to the trumpy kit.

Thanks a lot, Robert. I read your review and it looks like it can be the kit that will make me change attitude towards resin kits. :)

Given my snail pace, it is likely I'll grab one next year :)

At my usual snail's pace, I've come to a point where I have to paint the engine and the surroundings, as they will be hidden in the next stages:

8236682039_421601f558.jpg

Next up so will have to be paint and weathering of the engine....

Latest posts

Back