Miniart T-70M WIP

Kaktus

Hi guys!

This is my current model project. I started building this couple of weeks ago. The kit was quite cheap so more money to spend on AM-goodies! ;) I used eduard pe set, aber barrel (includes turret mg barrel) and friul tracks, so this was also a very good practise to me about using pe parts. After priming I will see how much I need to fix my mistakes..

I plan doing a little base with one figure if I find a nice one :)

DSC06512.jpg
Dry-fitting friuls. Maybe they are a bit too loose? No adjustable idler wheel so it's a little problem.

DSC06513.jpg

DSC0651944.jpg

looks like your tracks are on the wrong way around or did you do know that.

can you remove 1 link? but it looks ok from the pics

spud said:
looks like your tracks are on the wrong way around or did you do know that.

can you remove 1 link? but it looks ok from the pics
Yeap! I know :) I revoved one link and now it looks ok. It's a bit tight but better than before.

That's one funny looking tank there but you've done a cracking job buddy

Geegad

Thank you. I think it has more photoetched parts than plastic. The kit itself is very simple to build, three sprues + tracks. I had plenty of free time today so I took my airbrush and painted it. I used AK 4BO set for a first time and I think that result is quite nice.

DSC06528.jpg

DSC06531.jpg

DSC06535.jpg

DSC06537.jpg

DSC06539.jpg

that turned out fantastic, first time i used that on my Su-85m i went a bit heavy on the shine but its ok now :)

Mmmm... a cocky model & a very nice modulation results, Kaktus ! ;)

I´ll follow, man, yours is surely going to be a great model, mate :)

Cheers
RG

Thank you :) Some little progress again.. I didn't like miniart ransfers, they were yellow shaded and quite thick, so I wanted to try something new. I have been using hs-techique with good results so why not try it to do field painted markings.

DSC06545.jpg
At first I gave it some hairspray (and vitamins too ;D) and placed my tamiya tape stencil in place.

DSC06547.jpg
Then some paint..

DSC06561.jpg
After chipping and streaks.

What do you guys think? Is it good, bad or should I repaint the turret? :D

A week has passed and it's time for a small update. I like to use oil colors for filtering, especially abteilung oils. This time I started with a green filter and then a brown one. Then I tried AK wash for green vehicles and I quite like it. Very simple and fast to use. I also washed some details with a rust coloured oil color to give it more interesting look.

DSC06582.jpg

DSC06586.jpg

DSC06587.jpg

DSC06589.jpg

Still lots of work to do :) Hope you like!

Love the colour bud really pops I'm working on some rusky armour so youre giving me plenty of ideas keep them pics coming

Geegad

The paint job looks really sweet kaktus, great job.
I built one of these and really enjoyed it, keep it up

Kactus,
You have a very nice color modulation here. Fantastic work man, keep it up. And keep the pictures rolling! ;)

Latest posts

Back