Military modelling...on a train

Scalemodelmedic

Hey guys,

I've been away a while. Mostly in the gym ;D but I've still been chipping away (see what I did there!) at some modelling.

One of the things I've been tasked with is taking a military modellers approach to railway modelling. This will form a new video, with the whole process detailed as normal, so I took a screenshot from the video as a "preview".

train.jpg

What you're seeing here is a mixture of various techniques. Firstly oils - rather than just washes and thin layers I used a new approach. Still in layers, but applied differently. Over that I used the ubiquitous hairspray technique to do some "washed off" graffiti. This will form an underlayer for some fresh graffiti the technique for which will be detailed...well..when I figure out how I'm gonna do it !

I hope I can cross the genres succesfully!

Cheers
Jon

Looks good brother!

Who's going to be pulling that? Thomas or Percy?

Can't wait to see the video.

K-

Fantastic. Cant wait to see more.

I think "military modeling" can be ported to just about anything. Maybe "wear and tear" is the great universal. :) I've been trying to bring forward some of the sensibilities to the Gundam/Mobile suit crowd, so far with positive results. Applying your techniques to a freight car seems like a success waiting to happen.

From the title, i thought you were building models while travelling ;)

I'm impressed by the texture of your paint job. Looks rusty, dusty and everything, nice work.

Great ! I just lost a whole stage of the video. The file came off the memory card corrupted so over 500mb of filming just went down the pan, and it was a whole step in the process that can't be undone and done again. Just marvelous !

Latest posts

Back