MG Ez8

sunsanvil

This is one I did many many moons ago but recently redid the finish and finally got decent photos of. Sadly the backpack and other weapons are long lost.

4564349904_ac3dbf86ba.jpg 4564350016_b081f00cda.jpg

4564350128_b9cdc7580e.jpg 4563719317_a5b4e81a9b.jpg

See, moblie suits DO get beat up. ;)

Now that IMO is much better than the usual pristine Mechs, nice to see a little wear and tear on them, makes it look more "real"

I like the "in the field" appearance also. The re-finish looks great.

Whoa, wonderful! I really like the very realistic painting and weathering. That's the way I like those mechs. Very well done..

Very nice work,great to see some weathering and nifty weathering at that,sets it apart from others.

This mobile suit looks great! I have been in Taiwan recently and bought two Gundam kits... hopefully they look one day like your mobile suit. Wish I would have your skills!

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Its ironic how what was almost a throwaway ends up being a great piece. I originally built this, oh, almost 10 years ago I think when I had a Badger 350 and a car tire which held so little air I would have to stop half way through an application, pump it up with a foot pump, and resume. The shading ended up VERY "coarse" as you can sort of see. I used Tamiya Acrylics which did not adhere well to Bandai's glossy plastic (I've since learned to scuff it first) and it flaked in a few places. It was a mess and the last model I did until picking back up the hobby 3 years ago, getting into WWII armor.

Well, on a whim I dug it out, cleaned it up, and basically went crazy with the german gray, first dry brushing over the entire mobile suit, and then using a piece of green scrubby for the chipping effect, hiding all previous sins in the process.

I'm working on an MkII (titans color scheme) right now and am going to try and take it up a notch with some rust runs and jet exhaust marks.

Latest posts

Back