Meng Pickup

Junkie

Yo. Been looking for a subject for this GB for a while and I think I've found one. I have not bought this yet...gonna sleep on it. What do you think? Does it fit the theme?

afv-club-1-35-chruchill-mk-iv-avre-af35169.jpg

and maybe with this:

MTB3576.JPG

There is this version too...but I kinda like all the extras stuff you get with the other truck:
10161797.jpg

There are a few other pickups...but the price of the resin kits is nuts.

Sweet! I was looking at the 1st one yesterday!! ;D Think you have a nice little project there with #1 & #2!!! Go for it!!! 8)

Its got big wheels and a big gun ...so yeah i'd say its in ;D ;D ;D go on go on go on ;D

Chris.

Yeah...lol. Big wheels and big gun.

QUESTION: Would these rust in the desert?

LOL...everything rust Scott!! 8) Just a little bit different on the application! ;)

Oh yeah ,Defo ,Things still rust in the Desert ;)

Chris.

Cool. I'll just have to find reference. This kit has no damage...no dents etc....

I'll practice denting on scrap...bit of heat etc... Can't believe I'm gonna get another kit, start yet another project. Man, I sure am good at starting.

This has definitely peaked my interest since seeing the Meng kit in FSM a couple issues ago. But I hear it's hard to find in N America. If you're willing to wait.... ;D

Scott, the freedom in the painting and finishing you are 'allowed' on this one is reason enough to do it. They come in all sorts of shapes, styles, colors, and conditions.

Image searches using the word 'technical' can find you countless different looking vehicles.

011iq.jpg

8171d1185048679-pictures-technicals-somali.jpg

technical5.jpg
technical2.jpg
Technical_Liberia.jpg

Some scary looking dudes in those pics too ???

Chris.

Love the camo'd truck second from bottom.

Are you thinking of putting it on a base Scott? Could have a good little diorama setting with that model subject. See enough footage of those things whizzing about in the news.

Some kind of a base/diorama for sure. I looked at the MasterBox Iraq 1 figures too.

Masterbox_mb3575_1.jpg

But Lord knows I wouldn't want to get carried away..... ;D

Suggestions/pics for a base? Feel free to post em.

I was just thinking that perhaps there could be a few crates/ammo boxes like this around the pickup.
905877767_be7e781207.jpg

Yeah, after the war in Libya, there are tons of pictures of these floating around (not that there wasn't before). They even have a pick up that they mounted a rocket pod you would normally see on helo gunships.

s_r13_RTR2LH8E.jpg

s_r01_RTR2N10J.jpg

Or there is this one:

s_r08_03311658.jpg

The rocket pod in the back is essentially the rocket pack on the trailer of this kit:

_si_ProductFiles_tsm2320a.jpg

Or something like this:

s_r24_26021198.jpg

More

s_r30_19120966.jpg

s_r34_27115734.jpg

Wow. Nice pics! That last shot looks like the gun from the first, white truck kit.

I ended up ordering the second, red truck with all the stowage. Hard to choose between the 2. That BFG is nice too.

++++

I'm gonna order a couple figures for this. I'm thinking either the MasterBox kit:
MTB3576.JPG

or maybe something from Verlinden. They have a few good looking sets:
2335.jpg

2194.jpg

Open to suggestions.

++++

Any kits out there for a BFG on a trailer? Something that this pickup would/could be hauling?

I ordered the red one. The one with all the stowage....

LOL. You got me second guessing my choice...a BFG would've been cool.

Maybe I should get both....gulp

Scott Girvan said:

Nah...

just make your own mount and stick a machine gun in it, it's no different than how any of those other weapons were mounted.

Jury rigged.

Scott Girvan said:
I ordered the red one. The one with all the stowage....

LOL. You got me second guessing my choice...a BFG would've been cool.

you can always get the 2 pick-up ;D

These kind of makeshift gun trucks really interest me. You may not see so much rust on the trucks in the desert but you could still have alot of chipping with bare metal, primer or previous paint jobs underneath. Lots of weathering possibilities.

Latest posts

Back