Maschinen Krieger G-pawn

Grendels

Here is my second entry!

IMG_2332.jpgIMG_2334.jpg

And of Course YouTube:

https://youtu.be/o0G3NPWdEoc

A quick question I know if you've you have built these before the rubber joints used in the legs feel little weird to me I don't think it'll take paint does anyone recommend I replace them?

Hi John. This could be a fun build.
I would test that soft plastic on how it takes paint, maybe on a piece of sprue.
It may be a non issue.

Jim

Papermodder said:
Hi John. This could be a fun build.
I would test that soft plastic on how it takes paint, maybe on a piece of sprue.
It may be a non issue.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I will do that.

It is mainly hidden behind armor plate anyway. So It might not matter.

Hey! This should be a fun build to watch - great choice.

The rubber bits will take paint ... but won't hold it under much duress. I've had some luck painting then sealing with something like Testors Dullcote. But the finish will be fragile as you can imagine.

What I do now, following the example of much more experienced ma.k builders, is to use green stuff to simulate the rubber parts. I use armature wire through the joints then sculpt the green stuff over the wire and into the joint cavaties. You lose any pos-ability (sp?) but get a realistic "rubber" look that will take paint like a champ! :)

Great model... Looking forward to see it come together.. Didn't get a great look at the parts but one option would be to use brake cooling hoses for 1/24th NASCAR kits, looks like a close match for diameter and has an interesting exterior texture...

Daf57 said:
Hey! This should be a fun build to watch - great choice.

The rubber bits will take paint ... but won't hold it under much duress. I've had some luck painting then sealing with something like Testors Dullcote. But the finish will be fragile as you can imagine.

What I do now, following the example of much more experienced ma.k builders, is to use green stuff to simulate the rubber parts. I use armature wire through the joints then sculpt the green stuff over the wire and into the joint cavaties. You lose any pos-ability (sp?) but get a realistic "rubber" look that will take paint like a champ! :)

I was thinking about doing this, but with Aves Apoxie sculpt. I have tons of that stuff here.

this will be great see with a bump head lol!!! pulling up a chair!!

Cheers!!

Nice choice, Grendels!

Regarding the joints, roger that, use your favorite putty to reproduce the joint covers. I use Aves, too.

I replace the kit hoses, too, with some wire solder and fine wire wrapped around it.

I look forward to seeing your build!

Lovely 2nd entry John!! Looks to be fairly straightforward for you!! Will be following along!! :)

I didn't get it done by the contest deadline, but I am still working on it. Here are the missing videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCppHhX3pJA&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w0B3Z989IA&feature=youtu.be

They are both a bit old, but show the progress I have been making. Sorry I didn't stop to take photos...

Hi John, I guess I need to moved my chair also :) still looking forward for your finish

Cheers!!

Just a sneak peak of what I have been doing to the kit, videos will resume soon:

11219430_10107137787638234_6320744067101439248_n.jpg
11224170_10107137787618274_6813701646249931313_n.jpg
12033055_10107137787628254_524229835567922976_n.jpg
12032999_10107137787723064_2335924882208231263_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back