Mars Attacks Martian Warrior

Sorry to hear that. Iknow that had to be a lot of work to get it in there..But it still looks awsome. The base is first rate, luv the lighting FX..Don't let it get you too far down..It's a great model!!

Sorry to hear it....

But you are doing fantastic work here! I wouldn't worry about it, the gun is not pointed at the "victim" anyway.

Leighbo said:
I'm gutted for you I'm sure the build will still turn out awesome light or no light!

Thanks for the kind words my friend, yeah, that definitely ruined my day for sure.

Quaralane said:
It'll look sharp, even without the light.

Thanks bud.

cargoman5126 said:
Sorry to hear that. Iknow that had to be a lot of work to get it in there..But it still looks awsome. The base is first rate, luv the lighting FX..Don't let it get you too far down..It's a great model!!

Thanks man, it really got me down.

Grendels said:
Sorry to hear it....

But you are doing fantastic work here! I wouldn't worry about it, the gun is not pointed at the "victim" anyway.

Thanks so much for the kind words, I'm starting to get pumped about this model again, had to take a break after the tragedy.

Ok well, loosing that LED definitely killed my mojo for this build, so I took a nice long break from it, that seemed to do the trick. Now that I'm starting to get some paint on this thing, I'm starting to get pretty excited about it again.

I started the head out with a base coat of Vallejo yellow-olive, which is basically a nice dark green. Then I started working in some vallejo park green around the face. Then I went in with some vallejo light green and yellow-green. Once I got my main colors on, I started picking out some more details like the eyes and teethe. It still need more work but I'm pretty happy so far.

Started painting the base with a nice coat of vallejo black primer.
base2_zps75140ff5.jpg

I painted the side walk with Model Flex concrete gray and the street was painted with Model Flex weathered black. I used vallejo steel for the drain and the base of the lamp post. The victims coat is painted with various shades of vallejo light brown. I used model flex antique white to lighten up the light brown to build up the highlights. Still a lot more to do on this but I think its coming along nicely. Cant wait to see it all weathered up.
base1_zpse87e2803.jpg

Got the main color on the body of the martian. I airbrushed various shades of vallejo turquoise again using the model flex antique white to lighten it as to build up the highlights. The tanks were painted with vallejo scarlet red tones down with a few drops of black. I have to fix the rod on the ray gun, it keeps popping off.
body_zps6be2b3b2.jpg

Thanks for checking it out my friends, still a lot more painting to do, I'm glad I decided not to start another kit ;D

Thanks so much fellas for all the great support. Been painting away over hear. The last month of the contest always seems to fly by so I'm really trying to do a little bit every day to get this thing done.

I spent about an hour masking off the gloves and the boots for airbrushing.
001_zpsbf16880a.jpg

Airbrushed a couple coats of Vallejo Lime Green.
003_zpse63ebfd8.jpg

After airbrushing in the highlights I removed the masking. One of my favorite parts of any build is removing masking, feels like opening a present ;D
009_zpsbfb299a3.jpg

Started adding some washes to the head to bring out the detail a little more. I used AK interactive's dark brown wash and pro-modeller's black wash. Still needs a little more work till I'm totally happy with it.
005_zps4f3fa446.jpg

Cool. Getting close to completion on this one. Thanks for checking it out. More updates soon.

Quaralane said:
Head looks GREAT there.
Body looks to be coming along nicely as well

Thank you my friend!

rookie said:
That's cool, keep it coming ;D

Hey thanks for checking it out man, I really appreciate it, only one or two more updates till its done.

Grendels said:
That Martian head looks great!

Thanks bud, I'm really stoked on it. I would love to have a 1:2 or 1:4 scale bust of the martian head, its such a cool design.

JohnSimmons said:
Yeah real nice ;)

Thanks bud! ;D

Tailor said:

Thanks you kind sir!

Ok, just about finished with this guy, pretty much just tidying up everything, painting details, and some weathering, oh and blood, lots and lots of blood, hehe...

more paint work on the body
16_zps922f80aa.jpg
17_zpsdc99635b.jpg

Im calling it done on the head, I darkened the washes a bit, and added several coats of future on the eyes, mouth, and brain. Wanted it to look sort of wet and slimy.
18_zps4fe71352.jpg

Almost finished with the paint work on the base. I used Abteilung Oil's Coagulated Blood and Tamiya Clear Red with several coats of future for the gore. I still maybe want to add some trash and maybe sculpt some rats or something to add to the base.
19_zps9678b78e.jpg
11_zpsce2df399.jpg
12_zps578173af.jpg
13_zpsd772e944.jpg

Got the street lamp attached and got all the lighting wired up and read to go.
14_zpsd16fc08a.jpg

Here's a shot with the lights off.
15_zpsc87db511.jpg

Thats all for now, I'm sure I'll wrap this thing up by the end of the week.

Latest posts

Back