Mad Max V8 Interceptor

dkev

I'm sure most of you have your favorite TV/Movie car. For me it's the last of the V8 Interceptors. I will be building the Road Warrior version of this car from Aoshima. This is my first car kit and I have never attempted weathering of this magnitude. So any advice along the way is more then welcome.

1237191_10202122562245324_53826102_o.jpg

I just started this today so I've worked on the front wheels/brakes and I have rusted the gas tank. Came out pretty good I think.

1267181_10202125174030617_591792962_o.jpg

Nice start, this is gonna be awesome ;D

Gotta be in my top 5 all time movies.

I wasn't aware there was a kit, keen to watch this one build up and see what it's like. Might have to grab one for the stash.

I have the same one, just a different box (I think). I love the model, but was disappointed by it. No engine, just the blower glued to the top of the hood... But the front tires do turn, which is nice. The interior is completely wrong too, another bummer :mad:
I'm doing mine after Max wrecked the front end. After cutting up the front, you have to make a radiator and add a couple of braces. The build was pretty easy, even modding the front. But I think painting it is gonna be a nightmare. I pulled a bunch of screenshots from The Road Warrior and the clay on the car has about 80 shades to it, not to mention the gloss/flat areas of black. I guess I'm going to have to finally learn how to use my airbrush, cause I don't think I can pull it off with a brush :'(
Can't wait to see yours! Maybe you can inspire me to finish mine ::)

Stoneworks said:
I have the same one, just a different box (I think). I love the model, but was disappointed by it. No engine, just the blower glued to the top of the hood... But the front tires do turn, which is nice. The interior is completely wrong too, another bummer :mad:
I'm doing mine after Max wrecked the front end. After cutting up the front, you have to make a radiator and add a couple of braces. The build was pretty easy, even modding the front. But I think painting it is gonna be a nightmare. I pulled a bunch of screenshots from The Road Warrior and the clay on the car has about 80 shades to it, not to mention the gloss/flat areas of black. I guess I'm going to have to finally learn how to use my airbrush, cause I don't think I can pull it off with a brush :'(
Can't wait to see yours! Maybe you can inspire me to finish mine ::)

Different car. On mine the engine has to be assembled and mine comes with photo-etched parts. This kit has a lot of detail so I think the accuracy is decent. I don't intend on removing the front clip. This is the pre rear ending bad guy version. ;D

Finished the under carriage. Wish the dust had a little more brown in it. But pretty decent over all.

IMG_20130915_165844.jpg

I need to get the version you have. Until I do, I'll just be jelly of yours. ::)
Nice weathering btw.

Stoneworks said:
I need to get the version you have. Until I do, I'll just be jelly of yours. ::)
Nice weathering btw.

Hey I think I have an idea with the mix of flat and gloss paint. What if you paint gloss black base coat, then use hairspray method and spray flat black over that. Then just chip so gloss come out in places. I might give that a try.

OK, so I'm still working on the under carriage. A lot of work for a part of the car most wont see. But the devil's in the details and it's fun. I still gotta add a couple more things like the booby trap and a couple plates. Eventually I will get to turn the car over. ;D

IMG_20130918_031215.jpg

dkev said:
I still gotta add a couple more things like the booby trap and a couple plates.

" A fella, a quick fella, might have a weapon under there. I'd have to pin his head to the panel"

One of my favourite lines from the movie ;D

Have this kit and looing forward to seeing your version. The weathering is looking great! 8)

I haven't been working much on it over the last week, but I did make some progress on it today. Got the interior of the car done. I also purchased some Vellejo Dark Yellow Ocre pigment that I am going to use to weather the car with. I did some experimenting with the spare tire and I used a little on the interior with the combination of AK Interactive Dust Effects. So far it's been a pretty enjoyable kit to work on.

IMG_20130929_195329.jpg

IMG_20130929_195409.jpg

Looking very nice. I like the dog food tin, if I'm not mistaken same brand as in the movie, nice touch.

Got her done. I'm thrilled the way it came out. Even though I "set' the pigment, it's still fragile. So I ordered a display case for it. ;D

IMG_20131002_134918.jpg

IMG_20131002_135102.jpg

IMG_20131002_135122.jpg

IMG_20131002_135213.jpg

IMG_20131002_135411.jpg

Latest posts

Back