Ma. K Polar Bear Suit

Jeeves

Well...here goes nothing! This is my first entry...guess it goes into Sci-Fi, but if it ends up on a winter base like I want it too, it might end up diorama?? This is the 1/20 scale Wave Models suit...forgive the pics...my iTouch camera leaves a lot to be desired...

4-19-11047.jpg
4-19-11048.jpg

Just washed the parts after sending Scott the email...

Well-- the fact that this baby pretty much snaps together has made this a pretty quick build...although it does leave some rather nasty seams...so I might try sanding the edges down a bit or adding some gap filling work in here...but this is the progress so far...

5-1-11004.jpg
5-1-11005.jpg

I love this thing.
Can't wait to build one of these. Thanks for posting the progress, it's looking great!!

Coming along.
You're right about the seams looking nasty, but I think they're manageable

Thanks everyone...

Yup...for now they are just snapped together so I'll pull them back apart and sand the high spots down and refit. Anything that still won't play fair will get some clamps and Tenax :D

Nice!

This Ma.K stuff has been calling to me too, can't wait to see what you do with it. 8)

Looks interesting !! ,cleaning up those seams will make a big difference to it ,a worthwhile exercise ;)

Chris.

Hey Jeeves, how are things with seams? They look like they could be hard work, although worth the bother for such a nice model.

Oh man...I didn't see these comments...sorry guys! Thanks for the looks and the comments. My wife has been doing final projects and exams the last couple weeks so I have had to step up with household chores and keeping the kids out of her hair, so there hasn't been much man room time :(

I'm headed to Noreastcon tomorrow so I'll be on the lookout for some primer and filler and the like...

Latest posts

Back