Ma. K 1/35 Lunadiver Stingray

Cave_Dweller

Well this bad boy has been in the stash for far too long, and now it's time to tackle it! Big kit, lots of details, all awesome.

8520207724_63a19c92a3_b.jpg

8520206992_b0aeea4cec_b.jpg

I did a Ma. K model a long time ago and I gotta tell ya... It was one of the funniest and best made models I ever built. Not to mention the fact that it had multi types of parts (springs, metal rods, plastic, etc) and it was probably the first lighted model I ever did. I really need to get me a couple more of these kits because they really are alot of fun and excellently designed! I'll be watching this one... good luck my friend!

LrdSatyr8 said:
I did a Ma. K model a long time ago and I gotta tell ya... It was one of the funniest and best made models I ever built. Not to mention the fact that it had multi types of parts (springs, metal rods, plastic, etc) and it was probably the first lighted model I ever did. I really need to get me a couple more of these kits because they really are alot of fun and excellently designed! I'll be watching this one... good luck my friend!

They are excellence personified, I agree. The level of detail and precision on these kits is absolutely ridiculous. Japanese model makers definitely do not F around.

Nice! Good to see some more Ma.K in the contest! I've been sitting on this kit for quite a while as well, I was actually highly considering it for the contest. Tuned in for sure ;D

Not sure yet, maybe an off-white or slight tan color, with some grey. I also picked up some Alclad 2 metallic paints, so I want to try that.

Since its a spaceship and not meant for atmospheric flight, I'm thinking mostly clean, with minimal 'weathering.'

I've been wanting to build this kit for a while now. Looking forward to this one. :)

ive seen these for sale a few places and wondered about the scale, and unless thats an ipad mini ;D it's gonna be a beauty and ill be keeping a good eye on this one.

Ok, so finally got started on this kit, and it's a beaut! Very detailed, everything I would expect from Ma.K.

Loads of optional details and many, many different ways you could build it. A kit like this just screams diorama! But keeping it within the parameters of the contest, it will be OOB for now.

Did most of the main body, I'm gonna have to airbrush the interior of the hull, as there is a pilot canopy with loads of details, can't have that unpainted!

8649784965_ec215cfc31_b.jpg

Test fitting, canopy top fits into that open space on top

8650883406_ac52b5687b_b.jpg

Oodles of detail on every inch, I love Ma.K

8649783201_09d5785556_b.jpg

These seams will require some major attention, but surprisingly it all fits together snugly.

8650881608_8a9baf5248_b.jpg

That's it for now, gotta wrap up my plow truck, but I'm rarin' to go on this ship! ;D

Thanks for the close up photos, it is nice to see the details in this model. Good bit of progress!

Latest posts

Back