M4A3E8 SMA Big Spring Contest 2011

Hand painted !! = Awesome ! you should be very proud of that little gem of yours....

Its wicked ! it rivals the 35th version.... your time and devotion to it really shows !!!

My hat to you for having done so much.... in that scale !!!

Can't wait for you to start weathering it.... Grrrrr ! ;)

Norm.

OUT !

ScaleModelDisciple said:
You made the right decision by masking and painting rather than the decal. More realistic look.

Agreed, much more realistic. That's really looking sweet!

Almost finished. I am pleased on how this is turning out. The sharpie marker fine tip worked great on the strips. Prismacolor pencils Scarlet Lake (red) and Dark Umber was used to make the markings of the tiger coat. I used a mask to paint the eyes and claws. I started to weather the tank using Winton Oil color Burnt Sienna and creating a wash. I am slowly building up this effect.

[attachment deleted by admin]

You should be pleased...a tremendous effort, that's paying off!! Great update!!! ;D

I've seen many build with this paint scheme over the years and I can honestly say this is the best I've seen yet.
Cheers

Thanks for all the kind words gentleman. I have learned much from building this kit and I am very ecstatic on how it is turning out. I will finish this build this weekend and post my results.

Biskup said:
I've seen many build with this paint scheme over the years and I can honestly say this is the best I've seen yet.
Cheers

TRM said:
You should be pleased...a tremendous effort, that's paying off!! Great update!!! ;D

schweinhund227 said:
;D. Looking good man!

It rivals a 1/35th...... Job well done!

8) 8) 8) I finished today!!! Here are a couple of pics... 8) 8) 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Spectacular job on the face, it really is a looker!

Loving how you gave dimension on the teeth by the way! :D

Definitely looking good. Looks like the stowage could use a little dirtying, but looking really good

Latest posts

Back