Looking for places to buy photo etch packages and how to do

Phaze

I wanted to get some cockpit photo etching for a a plane I bought. I seen somewhere in the forums where somebody built a plane and did the control panel and pilot seat with seatbelts in photoetching and I would like to try it too. I went down to the one model hobby shop but dude doesn't have a great selection and I realized that I know nothing about what I want to buy or how. This goes for a lot of the stuff this hobby shop doesn't have. The guy hand paints his models so he doesn't have much in the way of air brushes either (no vallejo air color, no cleaner, no accessories, nothing), but he runs the local model club in town so I think he is the model authority here. Which is all good but the way I want to go makes it harder to get the answers I need...

so anyways, I want to get a photo etch for the model but don't know how to go for it or where to buy online, or how to search for it. I know I can put my model description here and someone can probably find it but that doesn't help with the next one I'll be looking for.

So I guess what I'm suggesting is a short tutorial for a newbie in how to get photo etching on to his model.

BTW, I bookmarked Elm City Models, and I live in Canada too. Would I be able to order anything from you ECM =)

and how does that work

for photo etch stuff there are lots of places online depending on where you live. Ebay for one ECH, dragon online, the list is endless you also have to decide do you wanted painted stick on type or the non painted glue on type. As far as working with it just take your time and lay down paper or something so you can find any piece you drop.

Phaze, I would have to know what kit is it.

Eduard usually makes multiple sets for aircraft depending on the kit (which I assume is what you saw)

While I don't carry anything in stock from Eduard (just too many bloody sets), but I have 3 suppliers that carry them and can order just about anything.

As far as Vallejo, I carry everything except for the Game Color and Game Air lines (but can get them), simply because I don't have the clientele that uses them enough to warrant spending the money to bring those lines in.

Send me an e-mail ([email protected]) if you want more info on Eduard PE and sets for the kits you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply's

I have a Revell Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI
scale 1:48
model number 04661

I googled and found this what I assume is a photo etch kit for it: Part -S48-093 Spitfire XVI ICM

Unfortunately that PE set is long out of production, and not seeing anything for the Revell kit.

The only set I see for the Mk.XVI Spit is for the Airfix kit.

..%5Csi%5CProductFiles%5Cedu49366.jpg

Since it is designed to fit the Airfix kit, not sure how well it would fit the Revell/ICM kit.

I know MicroMark sells a complete photoetching kit for doing it yourself. It could save you alot more money in the long run to make your own photo etch parts! :)

http://www.micromark.com/micro-mark-pro-etch-photo-etch-system-export-version,8347.html

Latest posts

Back