looking for HELP for paint tracks

mario50

I AM PROUD TO HAVE DO WHAT OTHER REFUSED TO DO
hi nice peoples is my first time i try to do somenthing nice I have done a T55 ENIGMA by tamiya, and let me say it is really an enigma as NATO nicknamed it, any way i m at final stage and i do not know how to paint and weather the trucks, that is a big dilemma, so any one can help me telling how i have to do and wich color i have to use? thank in advance
Mario

I would get some fruil tracks the venal ones suck,

But being on a budget, a good wash first. Primer. Paint them a dark metallic color and then weather them with the earth tones that you will use on the dio

yes spud i prefer to having the metal one ,i will see if friul model make the metal one for the T55 enigma if yes i will get , is my intention to go at them shop after christimas when i will be in Italy visiting sister , u think for the mom rubber one tamiya wil be very big trouble to paint and watering?

You can make the vinyl tracks work with a little effort and save yourself the money if you're on a budget.

These are 'rubber band' tracks and really don't look that bad:

TRACK.jpg

TRACKS-2.jpg

Lookin’ good Ken………..
I’m sort of glad this topic came up…………
I just ordered some AK Interactive Dark Steel Pigment (AK-086) after reading of its virtues on another recent thread……..I’m just having a hard time envisioning just how to apply this product…….
What do you do, sort of dry brush it on the treads after treating them with matte varnish?
Thanks in advance…….
WF……..

at the end of the day you are the only one that gets to see the finished product in hand so to speak and as ken shows if it is on a budget vinyl do the same job

Fritz u can use a tooth pick for finer details and its like a pencil that way,

Actually, the vinyl tracks in Tamiya's T-55, and T-55 Enigma kits are probably some of the best tracks they have made, very well detailed, just missing the natural slack of the real tracks, which you can replicate by gluing the top run of tracks down to the top of the wheels.

Granted the Friulis do look better, but since they are half the price of and already pricey kit, well out of budget for some.

I can see it if the tracks are out an out true crap, but really they aren't that bad.

winterfritz said:
I just ordered some AK Interactive Dark Steel Pigment (AK-086) after reading of its virtues on another recent thread……..I’m just having a hard time envisioning just how to apply this product…….
What do you do, sort of dry brush it on the treads after treating them with matte varnish?

You can use lots of things really, I have some old brushes whose bristles are all short and stubby, eye makeup cotton swabs (much better than the kind for cleaning ears as they don't shed fibers) some people even use their fingers (too messy for me).

You kind of burnish it on the surface, the more you buff it the more it shines. Just make sure you use it last and it will stay shiny like real metal.

Tank you for the advice today i got the friulmodel i will read the instruction how to assembly it because is my first time but they look absolutely amazing i will pubblich some picture as as i have done all
thamnk you again

T-55 Enigma? Great choice!

Friul tracks are a must!

This is the way I use to paint the tracks:

- Using Tamiya´s primer, give a nice coat of primer to the tracks

2-29.jpg

- With your favorite earth colors, paint randomly the tracks

7-11.jpg

- Wash randomly the tracks using specific products (AK, Mig...) or oils (my favorites). Natural Umber is the most useful oil color in military modelling.

- Once dry, add punctually different pigments (mud, dry mud, russian earth, Gulf war sand....).

- Once you have finish with pigments, with a sandpaper, sand the outer parts of the tracks to get the natural iron effect. See the polished track on the following picture (my Enigma ;) ...)

1-29.jpg

another way to paint them (pictures are enough to understand the technique)

http://www.afvplanet.com/pasoapaso/cadenas1/index.html

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back