Let me EGG-splain "Y".

I'd seen Hasegawa's egg plane kits, but I've never built one. I've never seen these kits, either. They're amusing.
I've thought it irritating that Hasegawa shows the anime girls in the box art but they aren't included as figures.
For years already, not only do they make Eggplanes that come with 1:20 scale resin Eggplane Girl figure kits as sets, but Hasegawa also makes 1:12 scale resin figures of just the girls themselves.
http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/item/chara/tamago/

Hey y'all,

Little update after all this time, but real life stuff happened and I haven't had much fun time. I was able to do just a little on the old Yolk Wing.

dscn0598-jpg.jpg

dscn0599-jpg.jpg

dscn0600-jpg.jpg

dscn0601-jpg.jpg

dscn0602-jpg.jpg

dscn0597-jpg.jpg

dscn0594-jpg.jpg

dscn0603-jpg.jpg

dscn0595-jpg.jpg

dscn0593-jpg.jpg

Mr. Glancy (JPG Productions, where this came from), said he didn't like what I was doing to this because it was looking too "Star Wars-ey". Well, if he didn't like what I had done before, he oughta HATE all this.

A few chips and such added here and there and I can't think of much more to do to this.

Comments, critique, questions and criticisms are, as usual, very welcome.

Rob.

Ok y'all, I believe this is gettin' real close. I like this thing and I think it's a very cool model. Like the young un's would say, it's dope! Should look even better with a little paint, but these had bad paint jobs anyhow, so it looks pretty good un-painted!

DSCN0604.jpg
DSCN0605.jpg
DSCN0606.jpg
DSCN0607.jpg
DSCN0608.jpg
DSCN0609.jpg
DSCN0610.jpg
DSCN0611.jpg

I still need to add a few chips on that cockpit section, that I have mentioned several posts now but still ain't done it, and I'll probably add some metal roll bars on the very rear like the studio ones has got, but that'll be about it.

Like here:

roll bars.jpg

Now, an opinion or two here...

I may add that set of guns seen on the roof of the canopy? I was thinking maybe some slightly over sized to make 'em stay cartoony?

guns.jpg

Opinions? I think it would look alright?

Rob.

Guns, we're going to need lots of guns......
Thank you for the reply Mr. Down Time! I also post this at "Replica Prop Forum" and got the same opinion, so I've already started doing a little something in that direction.

Stay tuned for a minute, I'm taking pictures as we speak. Nothing is permanent and if y'all don't think it helps, I'll knock it off with a claw hammer.

;)

Rob.

Alright. Here's what I added. I don't think it looks too awful bad? Like I say, if I need to change it or not add it, I still can at this point, so give me some harsh feedback.

Added some scribe lines like I see on a couple Y-Wings. None in particular, but a little from a couple:

dscn0612-jpg.jpg

Made a set of twin barrels shoot 'em up guns from some of the same box of parts I been using on the Moebius Galactica:

dscn0613-jpg.jpg

Stuck it on top in that scribed circle and here's what we got. Go or stay, y'all let me know:

dscn0614-jpg.jpg

dscn0615-jpg.jpg

I appreciate y'all stoppin' by to take a look folks.

Rob.

I like it a lot..........

Seriously, I like the direction
Looks alright? Little over sized to try and keep the toon feel, but maybe coulda went with some fatter guns?

Except for them few chips here and there, I'll be chunkin' some paint before too much longer.

I'm not dead set on what color to designate this thing, but since it's an egg, I been thinkin' something wild?

chartreuse-yellow-jpg.jpg

Gold leader to Chartreuse Leader, start your attack run!

Or maybe...

plum-crazy-jpg.jpg

Plum Crazy 2 standing by...

hugger-jpg.jpg

Hugger Orange 3, returning to base...

:rolleyes:

Rob.

Latest posts

Back