Large Scale,large size storyboard dioramas.

movie-set_1.jpg

This is where I got the idea for the present diorama,a 1/24 scale movie set storyboard diorama based upon the old west film "Once Upon A Time In The West". :)

OUATITW003-6-1.jpg

The locomotive is "The General" of civil war fame,the old station is from the opening scene from the movie both inside and out.The passenger/freight car is being converted to look like a luxury car (Morton's) from the movie.
Yes, those are plywood Kleenex boxes that I picked up at the dollar store,the facade will become a saloon while the rear will become the actors dressing rooms.
Right now I am scratching some movie set lighting fixtures.
Note: the dollar store has many items made from very good plywood ,some types very thin and flexible,something that you would pay a lot for at the hobby store.

OUATITW015-1.jpg

The almost finished "General" sitting outside the yet to be finished station.This is my first time building anything train related and I really am enjoying it.All my other dioramas are aircraft related in 1/16th scale except for a 1/72 HMS Victory ship model in wood. ;)

Gscaletrains024-2-1.jpg
this is approximately were I am now with the interior of the station as depicted in the opening scene in the movie.

OUATITW002-8.jpg

This is what I am working on right now,the movie set props yard, showing the use of mixed scales for use as forced perspective,backdrops,and phoney horses in crates etc...

OUATITW005-9-1.jpg

Here are some scratchbuilt movie set lights that I am presently in the process of making right now.

Awe inspiring work.

Is their an intended viewing point for the finished piece, or is it intended for the viewer to move around it so as to discover the scene in full?

Embs

OUATITW001-10.jpg

Well it is now back to the saloon.Only the front facade will be finished while the rear will accommodate the actors dressing rooms.

OUATITW004-9.jpg

Movie set 2.I have expanded the props yard to include a car/wagon idea that actually existed on the Leone movie set.For some shots of the wagon scene thru Monument Valley,A car was used for filming where you would normally expect a horse.

What a Brilliant idea. :eek: always a big fan of dio's, or models in general, displayed in a different way, very original. Great stuff

You could mount it on a motorized turntable, a very big motorized turn table but then people could stand in one place and get to see it from every perspective, just an idea. ;D

Excellent scratch building skills Sir.

Gag

281011042.jpg

I have joined the Clint Eastwood site and will be putting up the same pics over there too.
I have found a great website that de-constructes the opening scene of the movie.I will take some pics off the screen and compare the actual movie set scene with mine in 1/24 scale.Should be fun !

Latest posts

Back