Large Scale,large size storyboard dioramas.

onceupon002-3.jpg

Starting on the water tower.

absolutely beautiful work, love it!

the idea is brilliant and your attention to detail is amazing

top job

Yes John, your work is magnificent. I always love seeing what you will come up with. I'll bet just one day in your model bunker would get a guy lost in all the kits and spare parts bins. What a great set-up to an impressive dio. I really dig the imagination, can't beat it with a stick. Gotta love it!

Cheers, Ski.

Thanks guys for your kind words !

Yesterday was a great day as I finally figured out the storyline for the "Once Upon A time.....storyboard diorama.Basically it is back to the theme park idea.I only want one figure in the piece for both storyline and scale purposes.The figure will be opening or closing the gated theme park with lock and key.This eliminates the need for any other figures and makes an empty theme park believable.I was worried about doing justice to the figures and making them look real, especially for Jill 's arrival scene.Instead of figures I will use posters of each actors important scenes that I like.Each scene(Vignette) will tell its own story,a kind of story within the story idea.I will create two more modules,one for Jill's arrival and the other for the security guard or park manager.(this scene will also contain a car ,truck or motorcycle etc... .These two modules I will try to place in such a way as to take away the look of too much squareness in the overall storyboard diorama.There will of course be more changes as I go along but this idea really appeals to me and I hope to the viewer as well.Cheers ! John.

Ember said:
Awe inspiring work.

Is their an intended viewing point for the finished piece, or is it intended for the viewer to move around it so as to discover the scene in full?

Embs
The diorama can be viewed from any angle and will be placed in a case.Thanks for asking.Cheers! John.

The Nylon Gag said:
What a Brilliant idea. :eek: always a big fan of dio's, or models in general, displayed in a different way, very original. Great stuff

You could mount it on a motorized turntable, a very big motorized turn table but then people could stand in one place and get to see it from every perspective, just an idea. ;D

Excellent scratch building skills Sir.
Thanks Gag ! great idea ,I will keep it in mind. Cheers ! John.

Gag

Latest posts

Back