Kitbashed 1/48 Area 51 UFO and MPC Bridge set

Kryptosdaddy

A work in progress- I have had the base kits for a decade or so- began building the thing last August a few weeks after finishing my Enterprise. I never came up with a plan except the thing would be lit and mostly a cockpit based kit- no silly made up alien architecture here, just straight up fun sci- fi hot rod built to human terms! Enjoy, but understand it's maybe half done!

All comments welcome.

At the begining...

kitbash4.jpg

First test fitting.

kitbash6.jpg

Plumber's putty will fix anything!

kitbash8.jpg

Finally a solid interior before I start changing some more stuff...

kitbash22.jpg

And some interior setting and some power! The entire thing is built on that 'plate' I used the testors UFO kit and as much of the bridge set as I could before getting into the scratch...

Alright a little more, of course you need a front end...

kitbash26.jpg

This is my rough form^

kitbash58legs-1.jpg

better front end with some legs.

kitbash60legs-1.jpg

it may get a fin, maybe not- or maybe I'll make it so i can alternate?

kitbash63bottom.jpg

The entire body was clear- the bottom was painted with Alcad transparent blue from the INSIDE. while the silver parts are testors chrome silver covered in Alcad aluminum.

Ok last piece for now- I stopped a couple of weeks ago because I felt the need to rush! So best thing is to stop and do some other things- Here it is finally painted - but not assembled! The interior is scratched together sitting in a box, these were taken after my final top coat-

It's just sitting together at this point...

kitbash66paint.jpg

No pics of the fin as the paint was still uncured at this point...

kitbash63paint.jpg

I don't have a pic yet that shows it, but the landing gear was built as a base- it looks like a plastic wok stand! It will NOT be attached in the final!

kitbash62paint.jpg

kitbash65paint.jpg

That goes for the front end as well- I think i'm gonna leave it removable for battery and switch access!
Actually i know it will be removable!

Thats it for now- keep watching as I'll post progress as it comes, and right now its coming slowly!

Latest posts

Back