It's been a while, hope you like Iron Man!

Grumpy Popeye

Hey guys!

I'm at sea right now, actually I'm in a Starbucks in Peru. Here is a build I did during my off watch time at sea. It's the Moebius Iron Man, with a custom base and lighting. Hope you guys like it!

I have an in progress on Resin Illuminati (For some reason I can't get on to the SMA forum onboard ship)

P8280243.jpg

P8280239.jpg

P8280238.jpg

P8280237.jpg

A nice industrial looking shot

P8280234.jpg

and a closeupof the ARC reactor

P8150205.jpg

Cheers!

Been following this at RI. John, man this is killer. I have the kit and it sure requires a pile of work to accomplish what you have here. Really top notch man. And the paint finish is great too.

Thanks everybody!

The Testor's Mythical red is an awesome color to use, it has gold flecks in the paint, so it really compliments the gold. I used a local (mexican Walmart) brand of acrylic clearcoat, and polished it about a week of drying/ hardening time.

Right now the kit is in the Peruvian mail system, hurtling to Vancouver Island!
...The Peruvians take international postage seriously, I have to thumbprint FIVE documents! :pHopefully that means Iron Man will make it home in two peices! (suit and base) ;D

well, he made it home... he was in two peices though! :p

luckily it was a very clean break along the elbow of teh punching arm. My fiancee will glue if back together for me and enter it into the Island Open show on the 18th of September

Excellent! I love the eyes being lighted/lit up. What brand of clear coat did you use? I know you said you used Wally world (whitetrash-mart) paint, but did this include the clear coat as well? Great job once again!

Latest posts

Back