Italeri 1/35 willis jeep

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Finished my jeep for a crapy made kit it turned out nice, i may have over done the dust but i like how it looks.

picked up a nice tip with the graphite pencil from that looper on youtube amoung others.

Added a few bits from a sherman kit i have just to add a bit of life to the Jeep, I think it will eventulay find its way into a Dio of some kind.

let me know what you think.

Pictures Are taken with my Iphone becase i Sold my Macro lens a while back from lack of use...

oh this is my first Kit in 10+years and first time trying out pigments so it will take a bit of getting used too.

the color i used was a mix of olive drab khaki and white, i think olive drab is a bit too dark thats just me :)
and i see a few bits of the .50 cal need touhing up ::)

Jeeps were filthy

No worries here Spud. Jeeps were filthy. Looks good! Keep showing us your work!

Frank Blanton

:D

Nice lil´dusty Jeep, Spud. Nice one.

As for your comment about the dark-look of Olive Drab, I like the color you´ve got a nice one.

:) I recommend you to use a little drops of Buff or Flesh tone to the Olive Drab instead of pure white... because white is too much "white" ( ;D ) and it can be a more radical color... but mate, you´ve got a beautiful OD !

Very nice, Spud, very nice. ;)
RG

thanks guys and for that tip jelly ill try that next time. and no fumblethumbs it was just the jeep.

Nice Jeep. I like the dirt. 8)

I'll second the use of buff to lighten colors, white can wash the color out and be hard to control. Same for darkening a color with black, try to use something else instead, like a very dark version of the color you are trying to alter. Dark blue/brown/green are better choices than black.

Both white and black are actually not colors (think about a rainbow) and they eat the colors and end up shifting them into some neutral mush if taken too far.

i never taught about black and white like that when mixing, glad i joined up here now :)

Hey SPUD,

Very Cool lookin JEEP !! Great job on th Weathering !! Rock-On !!

I have to agree with JELLY & SMMM - They are Spot-On about th color mixes ! ;D

I look forward to seein more Stuff !!

Latest posts

Back