Italeri 1/35 Leopard 2 A5

FlipFlop

I like my planes like my women - dirty!
Hey guys, here is my first project since i am on this forum. This is side project while i am waiting for some parts for Trumpeter MiG-15 UTI :)48), but more on that later.

This is what is done so far:
Assembly:
2012-01-28225412.jpg

2012-01-28231559.jpg

Primer:
2012-01-31173554.jpg

Next to a smaller:)72) brother:
2012-01-31174819.jpg

And last photo (for now):
Camo scheme was done freehand because i hate making masks. :D
2012-02-08185901.jpg

*I am not sure if the max 4 images per post rule is on this forum but if it is - i didn't want to make to separate posts for 5 images. If you think it's better feel free to make 2 posts. ;)

Cheers.

FlipFlop said:
*I am not sure if the max 4 images per post rule is on this forum but if it is - i didn't want to make to separate posts for 5 images. If you think it's better feel free to make 2 posts. ;)

Cheers.

That rule applies to 'attached' images only, as that uses our server space.

Images hosted on photobucket (like these) or any other hosting site can be as many as you like.

HTH

@Ken Abrams - thnx ;)

Finished painting, that's it for today. Next is gloss cote, then decals and then weathering.

2012-02-08204407.jpg

2012-02-08213522.jpg

2012-02-08213538.jpg

I'm sorry for poor image quality but they were taken with phone... Gf took my camera.. :D

Cheers!

Nice job!

Just out of curiosity, is there a molded seam about an inch from the end of the barrel roughly in between the muzzle and the fume extractor? If there is it was mislabeled and what you have is an A6! I say this because that barrel is a wee bit long for an A5.

The A5 does not have the added 1.3m of barrel on the end for the firing of the super sabot round that requires the additional muzzle high pressures.

Nice build!

There is no seem, Italeri lets you choose shorter or longer barrel. I chose the longer one because it looks better to me :D . I haven't really investigated versions, this build is quickie oob :D .
Also looking at the photos on the internet i realised colors are off, specialy brown - it should be darker and more red. But, i like it like this too, it's been fun building it so far and that's most important thing. :)

Cheers ;)

It is a mighty fine Leo Especially from Italeri ! if you ever come across a Tamiya... A5 or A6... give it
a try... you might like it ?

What's nice about your Choice in Brown is, it give it an Australian Look !!!

anyway... Welcome and Keep pumping those kits out.... !!! looking forward to your next project !

OUT !

Latest posts

Back