Issue #2

Hi Frank.

The March/April issue should be shipping soon. There were some last minute changes and additions in an attempt to address much of the feedback we received from issue one.

Thanks!

Just subbed digital issues @ pocketmags. Can't wait for no 2 ;D

Hi,
don't mean to be a pain but April is almost over and i still have not seen my March /April issue...did someone not ship mine?

I would have to assume the changes had to be made before they went to the printers and then printing and shipping takes time...it's only been a couple weeks since Ken posted that...as the old saying goes, good things come to those who wait ;)

April is almost over? Crap, I must have slept late, I thought it was only the 13th!

;D

Seriously though, the magazine has been printed and we will have some on hand at AMPS Nationals next weekend in Atlanta, Georgia.

U.S. Subscribers will now be receiving theirs directly from the printer, as it was just a ridiculous amount of work for one guy (ME) to print and attach labels, pack in envelopes, and bring them to the post office etc. This has cost us an extra amount of money and may even affect the shipping timeline. Unfortunately we wont know the specifics until it takes place as this will be our first experience with this process.

The pallet with the remaining magazines will ship to me in about a week. (of course, I will have to still do all international orders by hand as that cost was simply too much for us to try and absorb)

Yes, ideally we would have liked to have gotten it out a little sooner but it's only our second issue, of a brand new product we only just recently launched (in the grand scheme of things) and we are both very new to this and are doing our absolute best to satisfy many, many objectives. We have met many obstacles on the way, we have incurred many unexpected costs and struggled with many difficult decisions while learning many lessons.

We can only ask that you please be patient as we learn the process, as we are doing our absolute best and while we might have been able to go to press a month ago, it would have been a much lesser product and one that may not have been up to the standards we have placed upon ourselves.

Hopefully with each passing issue, we will have less obstacles to clear and fewer lessons to learn and things will go much smoother. Until then though, all we can do is our best.

Sorry about that Ken but you guys have put such a good magazine together that I just cant wait for the next one.
It's a complement to how good you guy have done...just cant seem to wait.

Thanks for your hard work Ken, it is truly appreciated....now hurry and send me my copy..lol .

8)

It's cool, we totally understand. Thanks for the kind words we do appreciate the support.

I just took a look at the tiger article and really looking forward to reading the whole thing once it gets here! ;)

Big-John said:
I just took a look at the tiger article and really looking forward to reading the whole thing once it gets here! ;)

I hope it doesn't disappoint. :-\

It may not be what many expect/hope to read. I wont give it all away, but I will say this; it isn't my normal style of writing that I do for other publications, meaning it isn't a 'paint by numbers' type of step by step article focusing on how to do what I am doing. There is some describing of techniques and such but it has a much different feel to it.

While I normally take a more descriptive 'how to' approach in other magazines, this one, as well as all my future writing in SMA will be more conversational, or editorial in nature. Discussing more of why I do things a certain way, what I am thinking while doing them and/or what I am trying to convey. There will be a lot less of how I do these things, as there will always be many other articles in the magazine that explain in depth the 'how'.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the critiques think of it after it makes the rounds. ;)

I think that it an excellent approach, Ken. Reminds me of book from Mike Rinaldi where he explains things not limiting himself to usual SBS sequences. I think it is the best book I've seen on the model finish and.

I hope it doesn't disappoint.

One thing I’ll say is that I feel better about myself just from the “Back and Forth” section in the online sample of the Tiger article. I always find myself going back and touching up areas from previous steps of weathering, and I found that section to be comforting.

Ok, now ya got me druelin, I'm ready for #2! RuckOver Baby!

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. Looks Great Ken. ETA shipment date?

All US subscribers shipped on Friday from the printers, International and Canadian subscribers shipped this morning from me.

8)

...and just a note to US subscribers in the interest of complete transparency; issue one subscribers were shipped by me last year, in a sturdy cardboard mailer as the cost was minimal when I was doing it for a few here and there. Now that we have a decent sized list of subscribers, the time/labor/cost of doing it that way surpassed our ability to do so.

Because of that, we asked the printer to handle US subscribers straight from their department at an additional cost to cut on time and labor. The standard method of shipping for them, is inkjet labels printed right to the magazine cover and stuck in the post lose. This wasn't acceptable and we requested for the magazines to be inserted into an envelope prior to being shipped. Of course, this increased the cost of having them do it even more, but we didn't want the magazines to go out unprotected, with labels printed directly on them.

In summary, US subscribers who liked the stiff mailers may be disappointed by the soft envelopes supplied by the printer but it was the best we could do under the circumstances.

You got em covered Ken, so all should be well on delivery as long as Magilla Gurilla doesn't do his banshe dance on em, lol. Sounds great, lookin forward to it arriving.

Cheers, Ski.

Latest posts

Back