Issue #2

We are working on 03. As soon as I'm finished with the layout it will be available.

Nice work on that one Rick ...err ...Ken ...no ...Rick .....wait !! ....John ;D

Chris.

Hey everyone.
I just flipped very briefly thru issue 5 of weathering magazine and the topics and layout started to look very similar to SMA Mag. Do any of you have a same feeling ?? ;)

That only means you chaps are doing one great job :)

I should get #4 within days, it got lost, and then I'll check into #5 when it get's here..........interesting.

I would think it hard to do since SMA has such a variety of artists with different subjects not specific to a main title or specific catagory of topic, i.e., "mud".

Cheers, Ski.

I haven't gotten that issue yet so I really can't comment. Having said that, if it's so, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Believe me, if I got upset every time someone copied some idea, my forum profile status, my personal modeling mantra etc. I'd be one pissed off dude. ;)

Besides, I'm contributing to issues 6 and 7 of The Weathering Magazine, so I don't want to rock the boat.

;D

Oh and another thing unrelated to this topic but related to an earlier magazine discussion:

There was a desire for a PDF version of the SMA Mag, to which I replied that it wouldn't happen as Scott and I discussed and decided this to be so in an effort to try and squelch any thievery of our publication for free distribution amongst those filthy, copy write infringing pieces of cow dropping sites so prevalent amongst the interwebs these days. I was informed that the magazine probably wouldn't be popular enough to be stolen and distributed amongst those scumbag torrent sites that share peoples hard work for free and make small businesses like ours, so difficult to keep afloat.

I'm not going to post links to the plethora of torrent sites now offering free versions of the magazine but feel free to Google it and tell me again how it wouldn't happen?

Oh and another thing unrelated to this topic but related to an earlier magazine discussion:

There was a desire for a PDF version of the SMA Mag, to which I replied that it wouldn't happen as Scott and I discussed and decided this to be so in an effort to try and squelch any thievery of our publication for free distribution amongst those filthy, copy write infringing pieces of cow dropping sites so prevalent amongst the interwebs these days. I was informed that the magazine probably wouldn't be popular enough to be stolen and distributed amongst those scumbag torrent sites that share peoples hard work for free and make small businesses like ours, so difficult to keep afloat.

I'm not going to post links to the plethora of torrent sites now offering free versions of the magazine but feel free to Google it and tell me again how it wouldn't happen?

What amazes me is that if you guys didn't create/release a pdf version of it, then someone has a ton of time on their hands to either convert one of the E-versions to pdf, or actually take and scan each page and create a pdf. You would think people had more important things to do....I dunno, like say actually building models??

It was brought to my attention by Spencer Pollard, who has his own little home grown aircraft magazine now and it too has been found all over. Like you said, someone had to either pay for the digital download, or scan a physical copy.

It's no different than someone recasting Alpine figures in my opinion and while that is bad enough, the worse offenders are those who knowingly download/purchase these stolen items.

On a more positive note, here's another forum specific teaser photo of another one of the issue 3 subjects. This isn't a final shot as more was done to it after this, but I have to save something for the pages, right? ;D

100_6819_zps9022afcb.jpg

Well for sure I didn't mean it in the bad way but good.
I personally was disappointed about their 3- 4 issue. Will see about this one. But if they really did take time to make their mag look a bit like your then you are really doing a great job :)
I'm eagerly awaiting issue 3

It's cool Łukasz, I didn't think you were being harsh. ;)

Bizarre said:
Cool ADGZ, Ken. THis kit is a dog :)

Thanks Roman, I agree the kit isn't even close to today's standards but with a little extra work I managed to get it fitting pretty well without filler even. It was like a 1970's kit from my childhood all over again. ;D

JohnSimmons said:
Oh man that sucks :mad:

What does, my model?! ;D ;D lol

Chris, this is the special Rick issue. He built 'em all. 8)

Latest posts

Back