Is it HOT ? or its just me ?

schweinhund227

Well, we have been.... Sweating it out in Eastern Ontario.... for the last few days...

We almost hit 50deg. C so work was... slowed down !!! which is nice....

Took the time to feed the Geeses ! Canadian Geeses that stops by my workplace...

I had maybe 30 around me... was a little frightening "at first"... cuz some were Hissing but after they tasted my Crushed Corn... they made of me a buddy !!! LOL what didn't help is that I was sitting down... so my face was lets say..... Prime target !!! but nothing bad happened !!!

Peoples were stopping on the road to see what was going on !!! LOL Thank God my Boss didn't mind !

It was during a scheduled break so... he looked the other way !

Nice to see Nature up close and personal !!!

Hope you guys are Cooling it off !!! Soon enough It will be Miller time !!! Week end is here !!!

Norm

OUT !

it is indeed hot, i feel so sorry for those troops in Iraq, its got to be blazing over there, and they are in full uniform man, fighting for there lives :(

its 90+ degrees here in Michigan, and with humidity here in Michigan, heat index is getting over 100! just Imagine Iraq and Afghanistan man... its gotta be bad!

It is brutal outside... the humidity is the killer...

I was drenched in sweat just from walking to the front of my building to grab the mail..

for such a beautiful day (if your looking out a window) it is downright ugly outside indeed

it sucks ass here in ireland :p but im told next week is ment to be a scorcher. that being around 26c never gets any hotter unless we get a heat wave wich is almost never.

Here in Texas it has been at 100F or 38C for the last month with 80% humidity. Temps won't drop below 95F or 35C for the next two months. Low temps at night are in the 80's F or about 26C. It won't cool down until near the end of September.

So if you want hot, come visit, first beer is on me!

Grendels said:
Here in Texas it has been at 100F or 38C for the last month with 80% humidity. Temps won't drop below 95F or 35C for the next two months. Low temps at night are in the 80's F or about 26C. It won't cool down until near the end of September.

Becks please 8)

I'll take my low 90s with only 10-15% humidity, guys.
It's hot, but you guys are making me feel lucky

Pretty cool here in Scotland. About 18C max last couple of days. Some showers. Very cloudy. Quite depressing actually.

13aceofspades13 said:
Grendels said:

Becks please 8)

:p :-[ :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X Becks

Many other much, much better beers out there than that swill. I won't even use that toilet water to marinate a steak with.

13aceofspades13 said:
Grendels said:

Becks please 8)

I know of much better than this, so if you come my way, expect the best!!

well.. it was a lot cooler this morning than it was at the same time yesterday.... of course I slept through it..

looks like no paint again today..
nsm.gif

It's been relatively cool, and cloudy here in the p.n.w., but today is gonna be sunny, and maybe in the upper 80s. The great thing about living here, is the weather is really mild compared to everywhere else. A benefit of Pacific ocean to our left. :)

Well here in Aus its "bloody freezing" 10-15 deg C ( ;D you're all sitting there going WOW! that's not cold, we get -15! But here in aus it is not nice weather in winter... :'()

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
Well here in Aus its "bloody freezing" 10-15 deg C ( ;D you're all sitting there going WOW! that's not cold, we get -15! But here in aus it is not nice weather in winter... :'()

:) Hey,

I remember being in Oz (Queensland an a lil´ time in NSW) 10 years ago in August, it was a great weather, at least for me… kind temperatures.

But I only went north of Sidney, up Cairns or so. Blue Mountains temperature was delight for me.

I suppose that South of Sidney it will be (notably) colder.

:eek: But I´m really a little amazed of reading about the temperatures you´re reaching in Canada (Ontario area, I think I´ve readen) and in the east coast of USA !!! :eek:

I also took a taste of the temperatures in TX, New Mexico, AZ, an Calif. back in May 1991… Man, It was really HOT in El Paso, Tucson, Mojave… Summer must be a “hell” in that areas. :(

I believed that Spain (where I live) was a HOT place… but what a surprise USA. Really a HOT place. And I´m talking about Almería, mainly desertic area, near North Africa, where desert manouvres usually take place.

Humidity and Direct Sun Exposure are killers.

Guys the worst that I´ve tasted was the heat in the Persian Gulf (a life ago I was there in a “one-year overseas holiday paid” period)… and in South America, in the jungle areas (a few meters above sea level), the humidity and heat is real killer if you are performing “aerobic” activities !!!

I remember specially an August month, a day, it would be 1600 local time wearing boots, gloves, fatigue suit, and full face mask… oh, man, sweat was literally POURING. At the end of the “performance” I was really in what is technically known as “in a Shit State”.

It is a curious think: Now I´m 43. Some 10 years ago I tolerated very well the cold weather, but today… nah! I prefer the heat. I think I couldn’t live in a place like Canada, north USA, Norway, etc, in winter time: no deal ! I need sun and light ! Too much cold makes that the Family Jewels get retracted when you jump out of the bed @ 0600 hrs, and that’s no good for health !!! ;D ;D

Cheers.
RG

PD: keep that AC machines rolling! (and don’t cry –like me- when the damn home electric consumption monthly bill arrives home ) ;D

Latest posts

Back