Internet Hobbies LLC

Bill Duncan

Internet hobbies is a fraudulent business. I ordered (3) models from them on 3/26/21, with a 2-3 day shipping per the information on their website. After a couple of weeks went by with no update on my order, I emailed them for status. They replied that my order was complete and would ship on 4/13/21. I never received the tracking number promised by them when the order left their warehouse, so I emailed them several times with no response. They finally responded on 5/4/21 stating that my order would ship the next day and I would receive a tracking number. Once again, no tracking number or confirmation was received. I emailed them back demanding a full refund, to which they replied "I have forwarded this email to my lawyer". I repeated my demand for a refund via email and the company replied "F%CK OFF". I called my bank and reported the company as a fraud. My bank refunded my money, but I am inclined to warn others about this horrible company.

You should check their BBB listing, plenty of complaints and I think I even put one there. They are worthless and threatened to sue me for stopping payment. That was two or three years ago and I've not heard anything yet.

Yeah, he's notorious. If you do a web search, you'll find many, many threads and posts, across forums, and across business rating websites, from people who have gotten burned by IH.

And here in the Herd, besides the thread Momo referenced, here's a link to a post in the thread about Squadron, in which another PA modeler and I talk about Internet Hobbies. I mentioned that I've been curious to drive up there and have a look. Apparently, the behavior pre-dates the advent of the Internet:

https://www.scalemodeladdict.com/threads/squadron-is-now-kaput-who-next.13710/page-2#post-206121
For online vendors, I'd stick with Sprue Bros.

Yeah, I tell people who have run-ins with IH to contact our AG's office, whether they live here in PA or not.

That is my state...
I'm in PA, too, Blake! I live in Bethlehem. Where are you located?

Internet Hobbies physical location is about an hour north of us here in the Lehigh Valley, too. As the crow flies, anyway. I've often thought about driving up there on a Saturday, just to see what I could see.

I'm in PA, too, Blake! I live in Bethlehem. Where are you located?

Internet Hobbies physical location is about an hour north of us here in the Lehigh Valley, too. As the crow flies, anyway. I've often thought about driving up there on a Saturday, just to see what I could see.

Nice!

Not too far away, I am right near Doylestown

My wife is actually from Bethlehem (went to Freedom High School)

Every once in a while I still head up that way to some Hobby stores ( although they seem to be disappearing. The only one I still know of is Trains Lanes and Hobbies right off of rt 33

Ah, Doylestown! I grew up in Harleysville, went to Souderton (Class of '82). Did you go to Herb's, before he closed? There was an informal group that used to meet there, I think. I belong to Delaware Valley Scale Modelers in Philly, and one of the guys there used to meet up there.
I also belong to the Lehigh Valley Scale Modelers, here in the Valley. We started up about 5 or 6 years ago, out of an informal group that used to meet at the local HobbyTown. If you're on Facebook, we use a group there as our forum. We meet in person every other Wednesday at the Catasauqua Borough building, too.
Yeah, time has reduced the number of hobby shops. Growing up, I used to go over to Penn Valley Hobbies in Lansdale. They transitioned to the Internet pretty well, but even they have had to retire.
Up here, besides Trains & Lanes, there is Tony's Hobby Shop in Coplay. The current owner, Gerry, is the son of the original owner. He offered his shop for LVSM to meet, but there's not enough room.
There is apparently a hobby shop in the old train station in Quakertown, too, though I haven't visited it yet to see.

Herb's was a nice place. It was a shame when he retired no one took over

Now the only thing close to me is Hobby Lobby

I'll have to remember to check out Tony's next time I am up that way

Probably next time I go to the dentist, Dr Terry Marcincin on Easton Ave (my wife wanted to keep her's since he was the only one she trusted)

It is not too far away once I am up there

Good evening,
I saw two of them listed and I’m not really sure about the third. They look similar. Too similar.
I didn’t know he was married. How about that?
What I did notice was the date on your post.
Week before last. Most awesome.

Latest posts

Back